VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alj Hearing

Rate this question

free_spirit_etc

Question

I read that when you request a ALJ hearing you will get a letter. I submited a request for a hearing on December 14, 2007. I have not recieved a letter yet. I called the hearing office and they don't have an appeal request from me yet. Of course, Social Security ALWAYS wants you to find out everything from you LOCAL office. But it is the local office causing all the problems.

Could someone tell me - SHOULD I have received a letter yet acknowledging my request for a hearing?

Free

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know the answer but if I were you I would make sure that they have the Appeal. It should have been sooner than now. I would go to the local office and talk to someone.

Good Luck

I waited about 2 months for my letter, then another year or so for the hearing date. I know it cost more, but be sure to send all mail using a return reciept from usps.

True its best to double check everything.

I been going through this stuff now since 2002, finally had my hearing last Dec ( Fully Favorable), and should recieve my first check next week. Having several surgeries since 2000 thru 2007 made it tough for me to follow up, and believe me I felt taken advantage of.........If your able, follow up, and make copies.

Pete, Dataman, kinyo -

Thanks a lot. I MIGHT hear in 2 months. It hasn't been quite that long yet. Amazing that they want all the evidence within 10 days of requesting the hearing. I doubt we will have to go before a judge. It should probably be decided once someone besides the local office reads the evidence. But since the local office has played around with the claim so much, who knows WHAT will happen.

Free

• HadIt.com Elder

my experience is if they have denied you on the initial application and you have appealed and asked for an ALJ hearing the ALJ will approve it the day before the scheduled hearing on the basis of the evidence or go thru the motions of the hearing and then approve it but like the VA the SSA does not do anything fast most people ened up waiting about 2 years on their SSA appeal