VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Putting In For Ssdi And Tpui ?

Rate this question

Sgt Mac

Question

Hi,

I have just left Work on Disability/ Ret. and will be puting in for SSDI and TPUI I do have a CP for back and legs from Viet Nam from June that the VA in Baltimore is seating on and was reelv for PTSD 50% last Nov ( I was told that was all that they can do because I was still working?) by the Vet Center that I go to ever week X 2 yrs.

Any help or info

Thanks Sgt Mac

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

SGT MAC

Your approved disability retirement is very good evidence for TDIU. If and when you get SSD that will add weight to your IU claim. You are really doing this thing the way it should be done. If other vets had the opportunity to get a disability retirement from their jobs the IU thing would go much faster. Many jobs don't have disability retirement options. I was like you and had such an option. Some here have gotten SSD and waited years for the same from VA which makes no sense to me since SSD is the most difficult to get. I got SSD in about three months after I applied. It took two years to get TDIU. The VA sought alternative explanations for my being disabled rather than just the SC disability. This is something you have to watch out for. They may use anything in your record that is not SC to say that is the reason you can't work.

Hi,

Yesterday I sent a Email to the VA (IRIS), Today I got a Email back from IRIS

That said Your Claim is Forwarded to the Rating board Rating decision letter shortly

Stay tuned we will see the C&P Drs. all said 100% but it is up to the Rating Board

If this comes true the only thing or next is the SSD no info from them yet

O I did a call to the 800# after the Email, same old stuff "I don't know anything"

Hank in their and hold the line

Sgt Mac

Hello and Thanks to all that help us Vets,

Yesterday I got a letter from SS Disability Determination Services

it said that they are working on my Claim

I sent it in March 1st (by way of Allsup) now it is the end of May, so it looks like it takes 3 mouth before they start work on a Claim I think the next step is that I will need to see their Doc's ?

Still no word from VA ?

I will keep you up todate so someone can see a time line and that may help to understand how it works

If anyone knows or can add please do so as I know their is Vets ho like me that do not know whats up with all the Gov't info

I think of all U's everyday

Sgt Mac

• HadIt.com Elder

Sgt Mac:

You are on track. After C&P you should get an answer in a few weeks to a couple of months but you should be close.

My first decision from Social Security was less than 4 months.My 100% took me over 5 years but after you get the award the VA is good about paying you.

Thank's

Yesterday I got the mail from VA 100+30 not PT as I posted

but no word from SSDI to date

However my Army Pay was stoped along with SGLI, Tricare,SBP and bond I do not know how that is going to work nor do I know how CRSC will go I was getting 50% will they (Army) take the alotments out of the CRSC or ?

The Sgt

GOT THE LAST OK from SSDI yesterday

They would not tell me over the phone But go down to the office and ask for a copy of the letter

Thank You All for all the Help

Sgt Mac