VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do You Fill Out Form 21-4192

Rate this question

Cherie33

Question

Hello All,

I received a letter from the VA stating they need more evidence for my TDIU claim. They told me that they requested some records from the hospital that I recently visited and stated for 5 days. They also want me to fill out this Form 21-4192 - "Request for Employment Information" Since I was self-employed for a while. However, I'm not really sure of how to answer the questions. I would hate to say the wrong thing, I knwo how the VA always trys to turn things around.

So, doesn't anyone have any experience with this form and any advice?

Thanks,

Cherie33

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Guest jangrin

Cherie,

We were also self employed when my husband asked that the VA evaluate whether he was eligible for IU or not. We were very careful and we attached additional pages to the form. If you want to start filling it out, when you have questions just put the # of the question and the Hadit members will be able to walk you through the form.

If this works for you just let Hadit members know when you have a question.Hope this helps you.

Jangrin

PS I should say my husband HAD been self-employed, when he filed for TDIU he was no longer working and was 100% disabled.

Edited by jangrin

Cherie,

We were also self employed when my husband asked that the VA evaluate whether he was eligible for IU or not. We were very careful and we attached additional pages to the form. If you want to start filling it out, when you have questions just put the # of the question and the Hadit members will be able to walk you through the form.

If this works for you just let Hadit members know when you have a question.Hope this helps you.

Jangrin

PS I should say my husband HAD been self-employed, when he filed for TDIU he was no longer working and was 100% disabled.

Hey Jangrin,

When you say you were "very careful" and "attached additional pages to the form, what exactly do you mean by that?

I just want to be sure. Iwant to go ahead and fill the form out and send it back, so we can get this show on the road.

Thanks,

Cherie33

Guest jangrin

Our situation was a bit different, as being self-employed you have to document your own work hours and such. As my husband work decreased becuase of pain and PN in the hands and feet he worked less and less. Since we did not keep "time cards" on ourselves we had to look at our business records and try to figure out when he went from full time 60 plus hours to less time 3/4 time to 1/2 time to unable to work.And document these dates.

Additionally, we tried to start a less physical business in order to have income and pay house payments etc`. So he had to document his participation both physical and administrative in the new business. So by carefull, I just meant crosschecking all actual work records prior to the sale of the business and making sure VA records, SSA records and our business records all matched and there were no discrepencies.

(Because he filed for SSA before he file for VA) There was a lot going on in our lives at this time and we were very new to the VA process. If it had not been for the Hadit members I hate to think of where we would be now. We ended loosing just about all we had worked for our married life, but ya know what, those are just things and the most important thing that we have was each other and everthing has turned out OK. Trust the people at Hadit, they are here to help. Read all the advise and research your questions and then work your plan. Good Luck

Jangrin

Our situation was a bit different, as being self-employed you have to document your own work hours and such. As my husband work decreased becuase of pain and PN in the hands and feet he worked less and less. Since we did not keep "time cards" on ourselves we had to look at our business records and try to figure out when he went from full time 60 plus hours to less time 3/4 time to 1/2 time to unable to work.And document these dates.

Additionally, we tried to start a less physical business in order to have income and pay house payments etc`. So he had to document his participation both physical and administrative in the new business. So by carefull, I just meant crosschecking all actual work records prior to the sale of the business and making sure VA records, SSA records and our business records all matched and there were no discrepencies.

(Because he filed for SSA before he file for VA) There was a lot going on in our lives at this time and we were very new to the VA process. If it had not been for the Hadit members I hate to think of where we would be now. We ended loosing just about all we had worked for our married life, but ya know what, those are just things and the most important thing that we have was each other and everthing has turned out OK. Trust the people at Hadit, they are here to help. Read all the advise and research your questions and then work your plan. Good Luck

Jangrin

Ok. Jangrin, I do understand. Thanks so much.

Cherie33