VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will Va Direct Deposit A Big Retro Pay?

Rate this question

Will

Question

I was approved for TDIU and I am receiving a large retro pay. I got an email saying that my retro check will be issued Feb 21st. Does this mean they will direct deposit it or mail a check since it is a large amount? And if Direct Deposit does that mean it will be in my account on Feb 21st or probably a few days after? Thanks

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I was approved for TDIU and I am receiving a large retro pay. I got an email saying that my retro check will be issued Feb 21st. Does this mean they will direct deposit it or mail a check since it is a large amount? And if Direct Deposit does that mean it will be in my account on Feb 21st or probably a few days after? Thanks

Direct Deposit will be available Feb 21st, if not a day sooner! RocknRoll!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Just keep checking your bank it will be there before you get a notification letter I got my award letter on April6 dated the 3rd, less than a week later the 46,000 was in my checking account it does move quick once they approve it. Now I have been trying for 2 years to get a new bed paid for thru Voc Rehabs ILP I have submitted the receipts twice and they keep losing them they came to the new house in Sep for an estimate on making the bathroom/tub handicap accessible and I am still waiting for that to be approved also so some of it works great and some of theother programs suck lol

Edited by Testvet

If you told the VA to direct deposit it- then they will-

I got a letter from VA yesterday- too light to be about my claim-

it was to confirm my request for direct deposit-

you would think I would have done that years ago- my mailbox is down a hill and it froze shut one day and the mailman couldnt get it open-also there are days I dont even check it- I would have to fight ice or a couple feet of snow-

BUT-it took so long to even get my DIC- that I like to see it in the mailbox-

I am afraid now that they might put my March first direct deposit check into someone elses account-

why not-they manage to screw up everything else- :rolleyes:

My retro was not near that large but they refused to direct deposit although I continually requested it. They sent it in a check by postal mail. It could have been because thyey only gave me 1 year of 10 retro.

danang_1969

gee- why would they refuse to direct deposit it-

every time I get my DIC in the mail- either in an enclosure or maybe on the envelope itself-it says to consider using direct deposit-

I did get a six figure VA FTCA check that had to be electronically telegraphed to my bank-they would not put that one in the mail-

BTW has anyone heard more on the new VA idea that retros over 200,000 bucks have to be approved by VACO (VA Central- Washington)-before they send them out?