VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p

Rate this question

david walker

Question

Hello all,

I am currently rated at 20% for DDD cervical spine. I filed a request to reconsider and added more claims:

Chronic pain, migraines, anxiety/panic disorder, gastriontestinal problems, radiculopahy (both arms), tendonitis (elbow & shoulder), post traumatic arthritis (wrist), lumbar/thoracic back pain, arthritis of cervical spine & neck scar. All have been documented and linked together. I received a letter stating I have 3 C&P's scheduled next month. I know one is for the anxiety/panic disorder, but I'm clueless for the other 2. I called and they refused to discuss it on the phone. Whats the big deal??? Does anyone have an idea what exams they may be going to use? You help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Any idea what the neurological exam will be? I claimed arthritis of the c-spine is that the same as DJD?

David, There is a test called a Weinstein monofiliment test where they use a big piece of fishing line attached to a handle and push it into the nerve root patterns of the arm. They may even do a nerve conduction study. This test can be painful but it may be necessary. especially the nerve velocity study ( pins are stuck into your hand, arm, neck. I have had 2 of these tests dont this year.

David, There is a test called a Weinstein monofiliment test where they use a big piece of fishing line attached to a handle and push it into the nerve root patterns of the arm. They may even do a nerve conduction study. This test can be painful but it may be necessary. especially the nerve velocity study ( pins are stuck into your hand, arm, neck. I have had 2 of these tests dont this year.

Should I take my pain or aniexty medications prior to the exams?