VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice For Sc Re-evals? Tdiu?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My update so far, tdiu&sc mdd % increase nod is in development, The rating office guy, nice voice, has my job addresses and issues c&p exam rechecks for my prior sc items (less *mh). So, I'm guessing exam worksheets will be used and the appointment may be short.

Any advice on what more to expect for the recheck? My thoughts, sc issues are satus quo or worse. Thanks all, cg

(*mh, my guess, no recheck I see 2VA psychs, have current new diagnosis.)

Edited by cowgirl

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

cg...I've had several rechecks on my sc back and knees. Everytime it has been a full-blown C&P. My advice is to pray for the best, but expect the worst. Study the exam worksheets and the rating criteria for your SC disabilities. Know where you stand before the apointment date. Good Luck!

• HadIt.com Elder

Really? wow rental, ooh whee, I guess its on! thanks, cg

cg...I've had several rechecks on my sc back and knees. Everytime it has been a full-blown C&P. My advice is to pray for the best, but expect the worst. Study the exam worksheets and the rating criteria for your SC disabilities. Know where you stand before the apointment date. Good Luck!

Cowgirl..the C&P examiner will schmooz with U..but believe U me..he/she will be going by the script.(Examiners worksheet)

The biggest dilemna I have faced is that my conditions flare up and lie dormant.

Kinda like peaks and valleys.

I sometimes find myself telling the examiner...dang..if this exam was 5 days ago..U woulda seen my symptoms full blown.

But for some bad luck..they sometimes catch me on a good day.

If only we could call them up at the worst valley of pain and say..I'm comin in for my C&P..Nah..that would be too easy.

They might catch U on a peak day..but don't forget when U respond to the questions....The Valley Days!

Veterans Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Christopher, I am really honest about my major health problems I got during the military that impact my daily life today. For the most part I have had quality care at the VA for my medical needs. I have had a few good C&Ps, some weak ones totally unprepared for also. Again, since I am not oscar material, I can only provide the truth. I would probably lose in one of those board games that requires a hint of acting skills. So, I will review the exam sheets in advance, but its the doctor will do the paperwork as they see fit I am sure. I was really wondering if the reexam is considered as strongly as the initial exams and if the examiners report could possibly add a condition that isnt claimed. Interesting thought eh? Thanks for the reply, cg

Cowgirl..the C&P examiner will schmooz with U..but believe U me..he/she will be going by the script.(Examiners worksheet)

The biggest dilemna I have faced is that my conditions flare up and lie dormant.

Kinda like peaks and valleys.

I sometimes find myself telling the examiner...dang..if this exam was 5 days ago..U woulda seen my symptoms full blown.

But for some bad luck..they sometimes catch me on a good day.

If only we could call them up at the worst valley of pain and say..I'm comin in for my C&P..Nah..that would be too easy.

They might catch U on a peak day..but don't forget when U respond to the questions....The Valley Days!

Veterans Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

cg....the VA can pick up on inferred claims during a C&P, but it is as doubtful as the VA rarely ever picks up on inferred issues. Don't forget, they can also take away your percentage after a minimum of two of these "re-evaluations." That is how they lowered my back to 0%. Don't forget to speak to the examiner in terms of your worst day. I would also load all med bottles into a bag and take them into the exam. Dump them on the desk when he asks what kind of meds you're taking....good effect.