VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Opinion

Rate this question

MUDMAN

Question

HI I am 70% sc for ptsd i see a physician assistant at the va mental hygiene clinic i have been seeing him since 04 he has changed my meds several times i have not worked in over a year because of my ptsd and the meds i was on yesterday i went to the va dr and told him about felling short tempered all the time he ask if i was working and i told him i have not worked because of the ptsd and the medication side effects so he up and says im going to take you off of some of your meds and that i should go back to work i recently filed for ss and im in the alj hearing process waiting for a hearing i also see a private physchiatrist and do therapy also outside the va my private dr feels that i should not work and that i can not work cause of my ptsd i was wondering if anyone else has had this kind of problem i dont know what to do do you think i would hurt my ss claim if i quit going to the va dr and just stuck with my private dr i have only been seeing my private dr for 2 years but he seems to be doing more for me ptsd wise than the va dr i really dont think the va dr knows what he is doing half the time sometimes he will give you meds and say take this once a day then when you get them it will say take twice a day he has done this several times he doesnt seem to want to know about whether your having flashbacks or panic attacks or anything like that all it seems he worries about is how your sleeping and if you lost any weight i have never felt comfortable talking to him ever since i started going there it probally sounds as if i dont like this dr because of him wanting me to go to work but that is not the case im just trieng to get some input on all of this and see if anyone else has had these kind of problems with in the va

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Since you are 70% already a Doc opinion that would say that you can't work should get you TDIU. Do you get or have you applied for Social Security?

Good Luck on your claim

HI I am 70% sc for ptsd i see a physician assistant at the va mental hygiene clinic i have been seeing him since 04 he has changed my meds several times i have not worked in over a year because of my ptsd and the meds i was on yesterday i went to the va dr and told him about felling short tempered all the time he ask if i was working and i told him i have not worked because of the ptsd and the medication side effects so he up and says im going to take you off of some of your meds and that i should go back to work i recently filed for ss and im in the alj hearing process waiting for a hearing i also see a private physchiatrist and do therapy also outside the va my private dr feels that i should not work and that i can not work cause of my ptsd i was wondering if anyone else has had this kind of problem i dont know what to do do you think i would hurt my ss claim if i quit going to the va dr and just stuck with my private dr i have only been seeing my private dr for 2 years but he seems to be doing more for me ptsd wise than the va dr i really dont think the va dr knows what he is doing half the time sometimes he will give you meds and say take this once a day then when you get them it will say take twice a day he has done this several times he doesnt seem to want to know about whether your having flashbacks or panic attacks or anything like that all it seems he worries about is how your sleeping and if you lost any weight i have never felt comfortable talking to him ever since i started going there it probally sounds as if i dont like this dr because of him wanting me to go to work but that is not the case im just trieng to get some input on all of this and see if anyone else has had these kind of problems with in the va

Well ive been 70& ptsd for 7 years with unemployablity...oh and just for the record, if you are rated with 70% PTSD AND THAT IS YOUR ONLY CLAIM..USCS 38 SAYS YOU SHALL, SHALL, NOT MAYBE BUT SHALL BE AWARDED UNEMPLOYABLITY..i was denied by the s0cial security for my ssd, not even an examination by their drs or any thing , i now have a lawyer and just got my hearing date for 13 march, after 29 months.. i dont or never have claimed to be unable ot work, i just cant keep a job, never have been able to, anger depression , flashbacks..not being able to go outside the house for days and not knowing why..night sweats, nightmares...just how many normal people dive off the bed in the middle of the night, 4 marriages..stress, stress..my poor children afraid of their crazy father..out in the back years camaflodged crawling around, what the hell, oh well you all know, were just normal folks according to social security..GET RID OF THE DOCTOR THAT REALLY IS A QUACK AND KNOWS NOTHING OF PTSD..STICK WITH THE VA THEY HAVE THE EXPERIENCE

Hello jim,

It looks like you are finally getting somewhere now though. Even if it has taken alot of time and a toll on you. I hope you hear good news.

I applied for ssdi before I even knew about the VA compensation exams. SSI said no because of not enough points or something like that. I had'nt worked since 2000, but went to VA in 2007 and have since been compensated 50% PTSD and 10% for 3 other problems, total 70%sc. I'm good with that but have other issues that I'm dealing with at VA.

Well ive been 70& ptsd for 7 years with unemployablity...oh and just for the record, if you are rated with 70% PTSD AND THAT IS YOUR ONLY CLAIM..USCS 38 SAYS YOU SHALL, SHALL, NOT MAYBE BUT SHALL BE AWARDED UNEMPLOYABLITY..i was denied by the s0cial security for my ssd, not even an examination by their drs or any thing , i now have a lawyer and just got my hearing date for 13 march, after 29 months.. i dont or never have claimed to be unable ot work, i just cant keep a job, never have been able to, anger depression , flashbacks..not being able to go outside the house for days and not knowing why..night sweats, nightmares...just how many normal people dive off the bed in the middle of the night, 4 marriages..stress, stress..my poor children afraid of their crazy father..out in the back years camaflodged crawling around, what the hell, oh well you all know, were just normal folks according to social security..GET RID OF THE DOCTOR THAT REALLY IS A QUACK AND KNOWS NOTHING OF PTSD..STICK WITH THE VA THEY HAVE THE EXPERIENCE

jimclay,

It is very helpful to claimants if you post a link to the rule you bring into a post.

Thanks,

carlie