VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peripheral Neuropathy

Rate this topic

I have neuropathy. Legs jingle, jangle, jingle as the old song says. EMG shows nerve damage in both legs though worse on the right. (right arm too.)

I'm claiming secoindary to lower back problems caused by altered gait due to sprained ankle and flat feet.

So today he tells me it's probably from a vitamin deficiency??? ;)

Anybody else heard of this?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You might expect this from a VA doc. I would think that the "vitamin deficiency" would have to be quite severe for some time, or there is some other problem involved. (diabetes, for example) Lab tests should show additional data that would tend to confirm or deny the dr's guess.

From what I've found as a result of my diabetes research, is that blood surgar levels can be a late rather than an early sign of diabetes. Diabetes can cause the problems you mention, even before the sugar levels get anywhere near those used to diagnose diabetes.

I have neuropathy. Legs jingle, jangle, jingle as the old song says. EMG shows nerve damage in both legs though worse on the right. (right arm too.)

I'm claiming secoindary to lower back problems caused by altered gait due to sprained ankle and flat feet.

So today he tells me it's probably from a vitamin deficiency??? ;)

Anybody else heard of this?

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA doctor told you this he is probably a faith healer. Maybe he uses VooDoo to cure PN. I think some toxic chemical exposures cause it like agent orange.

I think some toxic chemical exposures cause it like agent orange.
My VSO say I have all the symtoms of Agent Orange exposure. But I went in in 74 and never set foot in SE Asia. VSO says had I set one foot there he'd file me for it in a heart beat. Makes me wonder where all else that crap might have been used. :)

Yes,can be caused by b12 deficiency-they can test you to see if you have b12 but they need to do additional test to see if you uptake it.Doesn't do you any good to have it if the body doesn't use it.Would indicate problem in intestine where b12 is converted.I take neurotin/gabapenten for it-it is a drug you either love or really hate.They can test for vitamin deficiencies.Make them do both b12 tests-the second one has to be handled carefully and sent out-the va lab does not do it.