VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Using Celexa And/or Clonazepam?

Rate this topic

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clonazepam has been a real life saver for me! My shrink finally decided that I might actually have anxiety so she finally put me on clonazepan. I still don't like being around other people but at least I can do a fairly good inpersonation of a human being when in public now. ;)

bozoc,

I refer to Clonazepam as my DO NOT KILL, pill, they are mild but have

been effective for my needs.

jmho,

carlie

Thanks Carlie, I know exactly what you mean. I have been on it now for about 5 weeks and I am sleeping again for the first time in years. My private doctor had prescribed several sleep perscriptions that did not work at all. The Celexa has had a lot less side effects for me than Paxil did.

I'm like you goofycow, I would not care if I ever left the house again but of course that is not feasible. At least I don't get mad at folks for stupid reasons any more.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have severe physical pain issues and you mix various drugs you can come out with some bizzare effects. I know because narcotics stimulate me. Anti-depressants tend to mellow me out and tranqs help my muscle spasms. The only thing is the narcoitc pain killer cause some mood swings. My frustration tolerance becomes very low. I feel like going to war with the world, and I get paranoid in the medical sense. I am on a seesaw of sleep and emotions. Drug interactions are not studied well.

• 5 months later...

I've taken both Paxil and Clonazepam, but at different times. The Paxil made me so mentally foggy that I just couldn't deal with it. I still take Clonazepam from time to time when I need it to help me sleep, and it works well, but I have to make sure I can stay in bed at least 10 hours or I won't get anything accomplished the next day. I've had no problems with it at all.