Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Vso's

Rate this question

RSG

Question

What is the benefit of a VSO handling your claim and what good does it do If you send the paperwork to VSO's after submitting it yourself to VA/BVA. What do you need to do to rescind a POA with a VSO. What do they really do for you.

R

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I would assume that there VSO organizations were originally created to help the Vets with their claims. Many of them even set up shop within the VA facility. I would also assume that being represented by a VSO would have more " clout" in the views of the VA, versus a someone putting in a claim by themselves. There should be a relationship between the VSO and RO. After all, they work in the same building.

In my case, I write my own NOD and submit it through the VFW. I TRUSH NO ONE. I am sure these VSO are overwhelmed themselves. I am sure the level of quality from any VSO are different in many places and organizations. After seeing and hearing about some of the bad VSO, its hard to set them apart from the other VA workers. But overall, the mission is to help the Veterans.

hey,

I understand the part that they are supposed to help, But I, Obviiously have not had a good one that really wants to help.

They have never done anything for me that I am aware of and I have gone thru multiple VSO's and never had one that helped the way they should have.

R

I would assume that there VSO organizations were originally created to help the Vets with their claims. Many of them even set up shop within the VA facility. I would also assume that being represented by a VSO would have more " clout" in the views of the VA, versus a someone putting in a claim by themselves. There should be a relationship between the VSO and RO. After all, they work in the same building.

In my case, I write my own NOD and submit it through the VFW. I TRUSH NO ONE. I am sure these VSO are overwhelmed themselves. I am sure the level of quality from any VSO are different in many places and organizations. After seeing and hearing about some of the bad VSO, its hard to set them apart from the other VA workers. But overall, the mission is to help the Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

VSO's are part of the hassle or in some instances part of the help needed to manage a claim. If you really want to effectively have a VSO work for you consider them as a another person to deal with that works for the VA.

No need to send copies of paperwork submitted cause they don't keep paperwork in their offices on claims they forward it to the VA. If they know how to use a computer they have access to everything at the VARO that is on the computer and that can be helpful.

When you go to a Hearing they will have someone attend with you and that can also help. The VSO's at the VARO are usually much better at their job.

If you have a Lawyer I don't think that you need a VSO and some wonder why the Service Organizations were against Veterans having their own lawyers.

To summarize most of us need a VSO but if you can do some grunt work you can use Hadit and other's to help you with your claim. The VSO after all is not nearly as invested as the Veteran in their claim. I just wish that the VSO's would not try to act like they know everything and give bad advice.

I think all Veterans with an active claim should have a VSO on their team.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Hello All ,Hope all of you are well today.In my opinion the VSO and any other Federal or State run orginization (Quote: VA. Affairs etc UnQuote ) They will take the necessary information and scurtinize or review the information to manipulate or spin or even recreate anything as long its not Favorable to the Veteran.This has been my expierence or rather negligence,and they try to pretend or play dumb.Example I called my old POA today explained my situatuon to the secretary her Boss whom was in charge of the Georgia State Dept.of Veterans Affairs is now been promoted to just under the commisioner.After i explained my situation and the GOOD OLD BOY syndrome i asked her to mention my name to him, and see the reaction or expression you get from him i guarantee it will be priceless.I have not heard from them at all my request is my folder pertaining to when they were my POA. According to BVA i have a 13 year appeal just sitting. I think this covers POA or VSO assistance.Now Please forgive me i did not want to offend by my expression of Good Old Boy syndrome just an expression nothing RACIAL ok thank you.Best Bet at this time is an attorney or handle your claim yourself.Which i am this way i know if its right or wrong ask alot of questions. form evryone!

Hey Pete,

Can you tell me how long it might take to get a C-file from AMC. I have never seen it.

I did order the c-file a couple of weeks ago. All the VSO's I've been to never even bothered to really help.

SO, I guess I have to do this myself. Sorry to bug ya.

R

VSO's are part of the hassle or in some instances part of the help needed to manage a claim. If you really want to effectively have a VSO work for you consider them as a another person to deal with that works for the VA.

No need to send copies of paperwork submitted cause they don't keep paperwork in their offices on claims they forward it to the VA. If they know how to use a computer they have access to everything at the VARO that is on the computer and that can be helpful.

When you go to a Hearing they will have someone attend with you and that can also help. The VSO's at the VARO are usually much better at their job.

If you have a Lawyer I don't think that you need a VSO and some wonder why the Service Organizations were against Veterans having their own lawyers.

To summarize most of us need a VSO but if you can do some grunt work you can use Hadit and other's to help you with your claim. The VSO after all is not nearly as invested as the Veteran in their claim. I just wish that the VSO's would not try to act like they know everything and give bad advice.

I think all Veterans with an active claim should have a VSO on their team.

VSO's are just like any other person in life.

Sometimes you get a really good and dedicated one that will do everything in their power to help you, even when they are bursting at the seams with workload.

Sometimes you get one that only does only whats required to keep thier position and that is it.

Sometimes you get one who wants to do a world of good, but lacks the resources, time, ect. because of the tremendous case load they have.

As stated by many Haditites before, YOU are the only one truely vested in the outcome of your claim, YOU are the only one who is going to suffer if your claim is shuffled away or pushed to the side, so YOU need to be involved at all times.

To me haveing a VSO is like having a second mind, set of eyes, ect on your claim.

They do have some benficial access at the RO to find out some things before you normally would. From what I understand, some have access to talk to the raters directly and the DRO's.

If nothing else, they can go into the computer or go pull your file and find out whats the current status of things.

I personally have had some negative and positive experiences with VSO's.

I finally realized, that I needed to do everything I can to work my claim, and I have a VSO's to assist, double check, bounce ideals off of, be a mounth piece, ect..

I honestly have found HADIT.COM to be more help to me than any VSO in the past.

With all that said, I still think VSO's are an impotant part of the puzzle, I think it can be an asset to have one in the waiting when you need them.

Donewsome