VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Big Problem Getting My Meds Via El Paso Va

Rate this topic

Does anyone know how I can resolve my problem. I was told by my Dr to start calling in 10 days before my next fill on my CII med-Methadone so she would know to write a new script and send it to the pharm and have it sent to me via FedEx. Well I called every single day for 13 days and all I got were communication failures between staff members or maybe the Dr just forgot to write the script or has to many pts. This is not a med that you can simply skip a couple of days, you will suffer terrible withdrawls even life threatening. On top of this the staffing is so bad that it is hard to even get someone in their office to pick up the phone. There has to be a system in place for me to get my problem resolved, someone please help!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Contact the patient advocate and explain your problem. And, if you haven't contacted your primary care doctor's nurse, then do that right away.

If that doesn't get you some action.....then contact the VAMC's Administrator's Office.

And, then again, the last time I had your problem (with my Welbutrin refills) I hauled my butt down to the VA pharmacy and talked with one of the pharmacists. Thirty minutes later, I had my meds and was walking out the front door.