VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Is It So Damn Hard To Get A Rx Renewed?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I just spent a good part of the morning checking on my medications as I always do on 1st of the month and 3 prescriptions had expired.

I tired to call my Doc to get her to refill but I had to wait almost 10 minutes to talk to an operator to get my clinic and than 20 minutes with call center who is supposed to notify pharmacy and hopefully get the refills

Man I wish I had John McCains Insurance Card.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dataman

That was good. Try here!

Call the Person who handles that. Go thru Voice Mail. Finally get a real person. Get Transfered then when it finally rings. It starts over at the Start of the Voicemail System. Waste of Time.

I put it in Writing and Hand Deliver it down to the person. What should take a phone call takes money and time.

My VAMC has a new program concerning my pain medication, they call ME about 10 days before the month's supply is up and ask if the medicine is working and then they call my doctor and get the prescription sent over to Pharmacy and Pharmacy sends it overnight FedEX a couple days before i run out. This has worked so far...has only been doing this for past 3 months. Everything else, my doctor puts in a 6 month renewals and i use myehealth to reorder and it's working fine so far.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well no surprise here I checked MyhealtheVet and nothing not a thing has been done.

• HadIt.com Elder

I can't order narcotics via myhealthyvet. I can get other drugs pretty fast that way, but the narcotics are a whole different story. I order a new batch as soon as I receive a package in the mail via certified USPS. I get my generics pretty quick.

I never get a non-generic drug.

Guest Vietnam Tanker

My healthy Vet works fine when you can actually get on the site, I havn't yet figured out a better way to renew my scripts