Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. Many folks use Ad Blockers and I understand why, I would ask that if you want to support HadIt.com and help keep it online add HadIt.com website as an exception ×

Looking For Imo Doc For Ptsd

souldeliverer

Question

I am thinking about getting an IMO for my PTSD. I just recieved a proposal for reduction from 100% to 70%. I may not need the IMO, in fact I pray I do not need the IMO, but would like to know of who I should use if I do need one.

Thank you.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I am thinking about getting an IMO for my PTSD. I just recieved a proposal for reduction from 100% to 70%. I may not need the IMO, in fact I pray I do not need the IMO, but would like to know of who I should use if I do need one.

Thank you.

If you are willing to travel to D.C. I recommend Dr. Brian Crowley.

Betty

How long have you been rated 100%?

Are you P&T?

Is this your scheduled future exam date or have they gotten some evidence that you've gotten better (do you go to the VA for treatment? If yes, then that may be their "new evidence").

I looked in the yellow pages for lawyers who did SS disability claims and got some good referrals that way for shrinks who do IMOs for disability claims. Don't be discouraged if the first couple shrinks say they can't or won't do it and make sure that when you find one who will write an IMO that he/she understands that there are some tight turn around times w/ the VA.

Keep us posted,

TS Snave

Not picking on you but I would think that for a 100 percent rating on PTSD you would be in a desiginated treatment program. As such why not get one from your treating doctor? Or simply submit your treatment records as proof of no improvement. Just wondering.

Edited by Ricky

• HadIt.com Elder

my treating doc made annual statements in my treatment records that he considered me permanently and totally disabled just from my PTSD symptoms, regardless of my other health issues and that in his opinion I would never be employable again. My GAFs ranged from 30-40 but it was his statements that they could not discount I see the Chief of Clinic and have never been thru an inpatient program because they refused to admit me I don't do groups all I do is my one on one's with him.