VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eye Question Pls

Rate this question

Mark

Question

I got the results of my MRI and the Dr's notes today and this what they both had to say. I was hoping some expert out there could help me understand what it means please.

OD 20/40 AUTOMANIFEST OD 20/25

OS 20/25 AUTOMANIFEST OS 20/20-

NORMAL MRI

Impression

1) EXTENSIVE unilateral VF loss OS

- likley vascular ischemic event 2* Migraine

2) Pt ed on findings of MRI and VF test. Pt understands VF loss is likely permanent and non-progressive.

We had a long talk about the results and what they told me was I have a small tunnel of vision in my left eye. I have lost all vision both to the left and right of the eye. It is like looking through a straw. It is no getting worse but it is not getting worse over the last 3 yrs either. It is permanent. I am currently 50% for migraines but with this both Drs said I should be 100% on this alone. Can anyone help me out on this one.

Thanks.

R/

1Marine

PS Atleast it is not a brain tumor. I am already 50% for migraines and 100% scheduler.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

I am not sure that sleep apnea can go higher than 50% but the depression can for sure. My VA Dr even thinks my 50% is low but I just don’t have the energy to fit to be honest with you. I am holding by a string to be honest. I was granted 50% in May 2005 but it really should have been 70% based upon my GAF and Dr write up. I guess I could have argued the case and might still do so. What would be the advantage if I did? Not sure what is SMC “S” , I am also not sure what sort of compensation is possible beyond 100% and since I am already 100% scheduler I guess I am really just focused on P&T. I have three kids and 2 are in college with 1 more headed next summer ( a mere 6 months away) so Chapter 35 would be a blessing beyond words.

How do I request P&T formally? Clearly my situation warrants it now and my situation is well documented with the VA Doctors.

Thanks for your keen insights. I do appreciate it.

Mark

Mark- Chapter 35 can be a blessing-

a P & T award would most likely give your dependents CHAMPVA eligibility too-

(Civilian Healnd and Medical Program-VA)

All you need to do is write the VARO a letter requesting that you be deemed as Permanent and Total and tell them you have attached evidence for this-

(this would be copies of any medical documentation or statements from your doctors that you are P & T by service connected conditions-and tell them that this refers to your pending claim for vision problems due to your service connected migraines.)

Mark -do you have a service office or did you get those other awards on your own?

Mark-I thought you did most of this yourself- you have done spectacular work on your claim-

good SOs are overwhelmed- lousy ones just want to get the claim off their desk and are quick to say -if denied- 'appeal to the BVA' without considering that the claim could probably succeed at the VARO level if the Reason and Bases of a denial are combated against with more evidence-to satisfy whatever VA says is lacking -in the denial. Some just do not want to take the time to think about arguing against a denial, or even advising the vet how to get more evidence.

It makes me sick to see BVA remands for information that -had an SO really advised the vet at time of VARO denial some potential things that could help-this could have been submitted to the VARO much sooner than the long BVA haul-

My local vet rep told me immediately after reading my present claim that it would have to go to the BVA and then to the CAVC-in 2003-

His boss - my vet rep at the VARO level- felt 2 months ago that I have enough to get award under Preponderance of evidence at VARO level (I am in DRO process) and has given me lots of support.

Just goes to show how inconsistent vet reps are-

and many just dont have a single clue as to what they are doing-

Berta,

You got that right. I will send you a quote from my VSO tomorrow that will blow your mind. Thanks again. More to follow.............

Mark

Mark-I thought you did most of this yourself- you have done spectacular work on your claim-

good SOs are overwhelmed- lousy ones just want to get the claim off their desk and are quick to say -if denied- 'appeal to the BVA' without considering that the claim could probably succeed at the VARO level if the Reason and Bases of a denial are combated against with more evidence-to satisfy whatever VA says is lacking -in the denial. Some just do not want to take the time to think about arguing against a denial, or even advising the vet how to get more evidence.

It makes me sick to see BVA remands for information that -had an SO really advised the vet at time of VARO denial some potential things that could help-this could have been submitted to the VARO much sooner than the long BVA haul-

My local vet rep told me immediately after reading my present claim that it would have to go to the BVA and then to the CAVC-in 2003-

His boss - my vet rep at the VARO level- felt 2 months ago that I have enough to get award under Preponderance of evidence at VARO level (I am in DRO process) and has given me lots of support.

Just goes to show how inconsistent vet reps are-

and many just dont have a single clue as to what they are doing-