VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Compensation And Pension Exam.

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello all hope all is well. I have gone for two C+P exams one in November for my service connected injuries and today for secondary conditions.Both times that i have gone for these C+P exams the examining physician upon my request to review these records said they are not available.By Rules and Regulation of the Veterans Administration should this be accessable for this compension and exam as a reference for the physician.When i requested to see them he first said ok then he said they are not available after the exam and again i have provided them with the necessary documents to show this such as MRI reports and so forth. My Questiuon is this against the Law.When i got home i typed up a letter to my POC at the VARO whom is processing my claim to let him know my concerns.I also contacted General Counsel in Reference to this but my contact was on his way out the door to go to court.PLease help . And Thank You. I also helped an Vietnam Veteran today whom has AO told him about this site i am spreading the word . This is a great site and the people are wonderful and helpful.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have to follow up with this question .What are the protocals for a C+P exam for Medical Records,the question is is the examiner required to review any and all medical documentation with the veteran before or during and even after this exam? Thank You

I have to follow up with this question .What are the protocals for a C+P exam for Medical Records,the question is is the examiner required to review any and all medical documentation with the veteran before or during and even after this exam? Thank You

NO!

Worksheet - BONES (FRACTURES AND BONE DISEASE)

Name: SSN:

Date of Exam: C-number:

Place of Exam:

A. Review of Medical Records: this for Whom if i may?

B. Medical History (Subjective Complaints):

Comment on:

A. Review of Medical Records: this for Whom if i may?

B. Medical History (Subjective Complaints):

A. This would be required of the examiner. But he/she does not have to review the medical record(s) with you. It is the preference that the C&P examiner review the C-File prior to the exam. There is usually no time allotted for the examiner to discuss the record with you because the highest priority (at the time) is to perform the exam. Also, the C-File (which should contain your SMR(s) are provided by the VA and the examiner doesn't always get the C-File before the examination. He/She does have access to your VAMR, if they are performing the exam at the same VAMC you are enrolled at. But, again, the examiner, does NOT have to go over the information contained therein with you at the time of the exam.

B. Medical History as recorded (C-file and VAMR or other private medical records made available to the C&P examiner) and what you share during the examination.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was wondering if I read it here or there,

"Are SMRs required to be at the C&P, or at least reviewed by the examiner in support of any statement made."

Reminded hubby today, many vets take spouses with for backup. Should be interesting to take him next time and keep his lips zipped best as possible during exam. Am thinking of setting him up with notepad and pencil too.

Thank you Luvhim. I guess i was misinformed by VHA in Wash DC.They said otherwise that there was suppose to be a brief interview and review of records where as i was interogated form when where and how this all happened verbally and i did ask him this is already documented why do i have to tell the same old story? again and again and again?He just said continue I want to hear from you what happened.This is a 30 year old story give me a break. argh then i went to see my MH Doc i lost it. rough day to say the least.And meds dont help for functionality.Thank you all again