VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This Good New

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

:blink: i just call today and nice girl told me my cue claim that had been with the superviser for the last 6 month is with a rating dude or girl . now i ask for hearing girl told me thay could just make decision. so what doe this sound like did i win my cue and they are rating it or is this more of the hold up stuff

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think you can make a prediction about winning or losing a CUE just because it is with the rating board. If it is at the VARO and involves retro I think that unless it is air tight you won't know until you get the rating decision in your hand. How much retro are we talking about? If it is a lot of money I would bet it gets denied by the VARO. Mine was at the VARO and got denied twice. All they have to say it that no legal error was made and you have to prove it was made and that it was so serious that it would have changed the outcome of the original rating decision. Be prepared to appeal this thing all the way.

John is right.After almost 4 years waiting for a CUE decision on 2 claims I have and after getting a ridiculous letter from the VARO on them,I got a lawyer to handle them.

My CUEs were with Supervisors ,the VSM herself, and raters too etc etc etc-and recently the claims went to a DRO. It all just means it moved from one desk to another.

now i ask for hearing girl told me thay could just make decision.

The above quote says they have not made an actual decision yet.

It is good news tho that it is moving along the cahin and not sitting in a dust pile for years.

I would rather get a denial and SOC in less than six months or even a year, than to wait for years while my file sits around, because at least then I can be developing my strategy and files for a appeal.

Just my thoughts, for whatever they are worth.

Edited by donews

fun thing i got the letter for my hearing begin of next month so this claim is moving so why was it with supervisor 6 months isnt she the one that saids if there was a cue or not and isnt the rating dude the one who rates the claim after the supviser looks over it i could be wrong tho

• In Memoriam

That nice gal sounds like Pearl at the AMC in Washington DC. She sounds like Minnie Riperton singing. She told me that my claims were on the rating desk. I called the VA, after talking to Pearl, and was told that the claim had been local VA for 2 months. Could be that she was looking at someone elses claim.

The AMC can make an instant decision, or just develop and send it back to the VA. I would check a second time with another person.