VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Berta &/or Any Other Opinions

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

Berta,

I can't find that page where U gave me a ball park figure on what I may receive on A & A.

I am waiting for one more Docs opinion before I mail it all in Certified & Tracking.

Also, my wife is very sick. Has Hep C with terrible side effects & am waiting on another opinion on her this week.

I plan on filing for A & A for her also.

My question is " if I file for A & A for her could this possibly cause me to be in a lower rate if she gets rated & be less money per month than I would receive by myself?"

Along with IMO I am sending in she has been going to Washington University for years with this problem & has a myraid of complications from this.

Will also inform RO that they can get all the information on her from Wash. U

I am also sending in her SS Award letter that the BVA chastized the RO for not getting.

Also, can't seem to find pay chart for Spouses on A & A.

Berta & anyone else who can help me in this letter I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you one & all for the help I have already received.

Sincerly,

GARY

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

VA pays a Special Allowance for both Spouses and Parents requiring A & A or who are permanently housebound if they come under the qualifying rules for dependents.

The spouse does not receive this benefit-it goes to the veteran unless the veteran dies.

Any veteran who has 30% SC or more might be able to receive additional compensation for disabled dependents.

(Redding V West US CAVC 13 Vet App 512 (2000)

The entire regulation and the criteria for Special Allowance for A & A or HB spouses of veterans are found within 38 CFR 3.351

and within M21-1 as:

http://64.233.169.104/custom?q=cache:3JQTk...684451289439289

"My question is " if I file for A & A for her could this possibly cause me to be in a lower rate if she gets rated & be less money per month than I would receive by myself?"

No- the award for her would be added to your comp check.

Your disability rating should not be affected at all if the VA grants her A & A or HB.