VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Philippines Us Va Clinic Manila

Rate this topic

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Screamineagle, Have you tried going to a manufacturers web site, I know accu-check for one is giving away new meters to diabetics on insulin right now on thier site, it is the Accu-Chek Aviva meter with 50 free test strips, it is a good meter, I am not sure if they will ship it outside the USA, maybe you know someone who can have it shipped to them and then foward it to you.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screamineagle, Have you tried going to a manufacturers web site, I know accu-check for one is giving away new meters to diabetics on insulin right now on thier site, it is the Accu-Chek Aviva meter with 50 free test strips, it is a good meter, I am not sure if they will ship it outside the USA, maybe you know someone who can have it shipped to them and then foward it to you.

John, Thanks and manufacturers will not send to foriegn address and my FPO address is limited to 16 oz letters. Local mail is very unreliable and Fed Ex is to expensive.

well they are getting tougher on this.. but yes they will for your yearley check up they will pay airfare and a set fee for lodgeing but you will spend the DAY there mostly waiting in this line and then that line... usually you are there 3 to 4 hours for blood work and pee in the cup etc... I have some advise for you as i live in cebu... read harry the horse april ... a chilling story about what happens if you get arrested here.... remember midnight express...

Hello robert51. We have communicated on (Paul's) cebu forum. Always enjoy reading your posts. Hoping to use the VA in the Philippines. I am currently 40 %. I use the local Va and they have always treated me good. I get a yearly sports knee brace and I am hoping to get it yearly from the VA while in the philippines. Plus all of my medications (both service connected and non-service connected.)

Edited by 3 years to retire

Hello robert51. We have communicated on (Paul's) cebu forum. Always enjoy reading your posts. Hoping to use the VA in the Philippines. I am currently 40 %. I use the local Va and they have always treated me good. I get a yearly sports knee brace and I am hoping to get it yearly from the VA while in the philippines. Plus all of my medications (both service connected and non-service connected.)

service connected yes ... non...they will not.. last medical i had i asked if the doctor to look at my eye and tell me if there was something in it as it was itching bad... she says sorry its not service connected but there is a clinic a few streets from here you can go to... before you set your sights on cebu check out baguio its totally different world ... I am from oregon and its full of pine trees...

Sorry but the VA will not give you a sports knee brace here unless it is service connected nor will they provide eye glasses or dental unless it's SC no matter what your rating % is. So if you come bring a couple of extra braces with you.

The Philippines is a beautiful place to live and I have to thankfull that I at least get my meds from the VA here. It would just be so nice if they would give us the same benefits that we earned as we do at any other VA facility.

Hey there Airborne I am going to be coming there in June if you get a hook up here in the US shoot me a private message I can tote one to you. I am also looking into what kind of health care I can get down that way I wanted to talk to some one with eyes on the clinic. Let me know no problem since I only bring stuff with me for those in need. I always bring back only a suitcase full of clothes nothing more than that. Great place to buy suits.