VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mri Report On Both Knees.

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

I just had both knees MRI'd. I got a copy of the report. I don't see my doc until May. In the meantime, I sure would like to know what the heck they found. Can anybody translate this stuff??

Right Knee w/o contrast

The knee joint compartments are intact and well maintained. Medial meniscus has a focal radial tear toward the posterior horn. Lateral meniscus is intact. There is a moderate amount of joint effusion in the suprapatellar bursa. Cruciate ligament and the collateral ligaments are intact. Patellofemoral joint is unremarkable.

Impression: Radial tear to the medial meniscus posterioly. Joint effusion.

Primary diagnostic code:Suspicious for New Malignancy need FU

Anybody know what the hey that last item especially, means???

Now for the...

Left knee w/o contrast

Media knee Joint compartment is moderately narrowed w/periarticular osteophyte changes. A focal subchronal erosion on the medial tibial plateau is noted. The medial meniscus shows truncation and focal chronic tear to the posterior horn. Lateral meniscus has intrasubstance signal changes and has a small horizontal tear to the posterior horn. The cruciate ligament, collateral ligament and patella tendons are intact. Moderate amount of joint effusion over the supratella bursa. A moderate sized popliteal cyst measuring 4.6 x 2.1 cm on the medial aspect.

Impression:

Local mild osteoarthritic changes on the medial knee joint compartment w/chronic tear to the medial meniscus and also degenerative tear to the lateral meniscus. Moderate amount of joint effusion and moderate popliteal cyst.

Primary diagnostic code:Suspicious for New Malignancy need FU

Moderate? Mild?? I'm on several strong meds and the pain in my knees still wake me up at nights, I can hardly walk and standing for any length of time is impossible! :lol:

Sounds like the left knee is in worse shape but of late, (probably as compensation) the right knee has been hurting, swelling, more. It was the Right knee a doctor wanted to operate on back in 2003. (I didn't have it done.) If it was the right knee what needed surgery, and the left is worse, am I in as bad shape as I feel??? :lol:

And one more thing. Is this guy trying to slip me the double talk???

(from 2005 record I just got)

Gait is steady w/ good pace. He appears to wobble side-to-side especially when he first gets up. :blink:

Any input would be most welcome, thank you.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Family,

Not to change the topic but I had just gotten both knees done for MRI which I been living in pain for the last 3 years because VA denid me SC for the needs due to Xray results, which showed normal , but now 3 yrs later the MRI done last month showed differently. Just wondering would a veteran get SC now if the MRI proves something is wrong and that it also started in service. Here are the results so please let me know what you think.

Degenerative ostephytosis, both knees

Minimal knee joint effusion, bilateral

Subcutaneous edema, bilateral

​Sure you can, as long as you can prove their service connected.

Also Logic, if you post this as a new post, you would get more attention on this.

Coot

Thanks coot,

I just didnt know how to post myself, so I piggy back from the threads. But just received my c and p for my knees. States Degenerative arthritis in both knees ., ROM and Funcional loss are all documented correctly. But I was wondering to still find a round about for the rating.