VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Too Late?

Rate this question

Ryan H.

Question

I have a claim for increase for my right ankle, for Anxiety, and distal esophagitus. I believe that the VA has all the evidence for anxiety, and my ankle but i failed to give them any info on the esophagitus except my 6 mo. perscription for Nexium. The VA told me that my claim is at ratings and is awaiting a decision. I have an apointment with a private Dr in 2 weeks and I am sure that they will support my claim, but i think it is too late. I am wondering if i should just wait till the rating comes back and see what the results are, or should I go ahead and send in the report and hope that the rating is not complete. By that time it will be about a month that the claim has been at ratings.

I am thinking about just waiting and seeing if i get an increase. I am currently Service connected for Distal esophagitus but rated at 0%. If no increase then i would file a NOD and use the Dr report as the new evidence. Any opinions on this?????

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ryan, I am not medical or VA smart, just continue to learn things here and there.

See that you have a claim in for increase is that for all your conditions or just one or two? Also, but you didnt mention c&p exams. Have you had any? If not, its possible that your condition will be reviewed.

Pete is a rock here, true adding more information could and probably defer (delay) the outcome depending on what stage youre at in claims.

Hugs Pete! Ryan my thoughts, if you are on meds for the distal and are going to see a private doc, yes, do get a clear medically supported diagnosis opinion of increased chronic condition, you could submit it ASAP or if you have bigger condition in for rating, see where your claim is at. So, if your claim isnt in rating just now, then probably ok to submit. If your claim is in final stages, then hold on, keep getting care and submit for increase after the VA decision. Medical opinions and medicine especially seem to help some compensation increases. I dont have all the info though. I've submitted IMO's just after my c&p and that worked once before.

few questions for you, ,,Does the VA provide you the meds? Do you have the cfr 38 rating description for distal? Have you reviewed (or your doctor) the c&p exam checklist for distal?

All the best to ya, cg (using similar claim steps)

I have a claim for increase for my right ankle, for Anxiety, and distal esophagitus. I believe that the VA has all the evidence for anxiety, and my ankle but i failed to give them any info on the esophagitus except my 6 mo. perscription for Nexium. The VA told me that my claim is at ratings and is awaiting a decision. I have an apointment with a private Dr in 2 weeks and I am sure that they will support my claim, but i think it is too late...

I am thinking about just waiting and seeing if i get an increase. I am currently Service connected for Distal esophagitus but rated at 0%. .....GOOD...ask for increase, especially if new severity.

Edited by cowgirl

Re: "A claim waiting a decision is just that one that is waiting on a decision. It could be 1 month it could be 1 year before a decision. There is just no way telling and it is based upon the work load of your supporting RO. My opinion would be that if you obtained the evidence and had not received your decision then submit it now. Why place yourself in a situation where you could be waiting up to two years after the initial decision by having to file a NOD when you could have resolved the situation during the initial decision process? Just my opinion" --Ricky--

This is probably the best advice you'll receive on this subject.

JMO

Ron