VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Am I Being Over Medicated?

Rate this topic

:unsure: I am currently waiting for a date on my C & P hearing for PTSD. I filed in early March, and my VO said its almost ready to go under review. Currently I take 40Mg of Citalopram, 1800Mg of Gabbapentine and 100 mg of Trazodone. After seeing my Psych by TV, she has now added 50 mg of Quetiapine. I haven't noticed any signs of improvement, or maybe the VA is trying to sweep it under the rug.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I am sorry but some of your meds I am not familiar with. If I were you I would do some research on the web to find out. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for the meds to kick in.

Good Luck

NOTIME, get off the quitapine asap, I was on it for about a year, was eating healthy and exercising 2 hrs a day, my weight went from 155 to 189 and my glucose went from 80's to 111 (prediabetic) and my cholesterol went from 165 to 265. bad stuff, there was a lawsuit out on it, it is also called seroquil. after getting off it, it has been a yr and my weight is almost to where it was before, but it is harder than it has ever been to get it off and my cholesterol is still not down to 165 like it was, blood sugar is back in the 80's though.

:unsure: I am currently waiting for a date on my C & P hearing for PTSD. I filed in early March, and my VO said its almost ready to go under review. Currently I take 40Mg of Citalopram, 1800Mg of Gabbapentine and 100 mg of Trazodone. After seeing my Psych by TV, she has now added 50 mg of Quetiapine. I haven't noticed any signs of improvement, or maybe the VA is trying to sweep it under the rug.

• 3 weeks later...
NOTIME, get off the quitapine asap, I was on it for about a year, was eating healthy and exercising 2 hrs a day, my weight went from 155 to 189 and my glucose went from 80's to 111 (prediabetic) and my cholesterol went from 165 to 265. bad stuff, there was a lawsuit out on it, it is also called seroquil. after getting off it, it has been a yr and my weight is almost to where it was before, but it is harder than it has ever been to get it off and my cholesterol is still not down to 165 like it was, blood sugar is back in the 80's though.

I am on the seroquel and it has made my weight increase, but not as bad as what you experienced. I used to be on serzone and I got fat quick. I guess it varies somewaht from person to person.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you fall over when you try and stand up you are being over medicated. Stand up and close your eyes and lean backwards. If you lose your balance you are being over medicated. I actually have that problems with the pain meds and the anti-anxiety pills. This stuff can creep up on you, and it all interacts. The drug interactions are a science in themselves.

• 2 weeks later...