VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Am I Being Over Medicated?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Rental guy

You know because of the pain meds I take I have tripped and fallen numerous times. They do affect coordination. Imagine if you are stopped by police for some minor infraction and as you get out of the car you trip and fall down due to dope in the system. I guess this means don't get out of the car. If you think the pain meds or other meds are not affecting you stand up and close your eyes and lean backwards. If you start to lose your balance you are impaired.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The VA will medicate, medicate, and medicate more as long as you allow it. I am living proof since here is a list of what they have me on:

Valium 10MG

Methadone 60 MG

Mirtzapine 45 MG

Testosterone 5MG

Niacin 500 MG

Tamsolusen 4MG

Hydrochlorothiazine 25MG

Mometazone Furoate 20 MG

Piroxicam 20 MG

Simvastatin 80MG

They also have me using a breathing machine at night for Sleep Apnea... and want me to take Welbutrin but I refused this...

Sometimes I think if I were treating with a non VA Hosp I might get some cures or other form of treatment besides meds...

I agree with the others... if you have lost coordination and balance then you probably are being over-medicated. You should defintely communicate this with your treating Dr...

Erich