VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Letter

Rate this question

sehinchee

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Do you mean that when they got your NOD, they denied the claim in a SOC?

Did they list all of your evidence?

If so what medical rationale did they use to reject the info and prescription evidence?

Can you tell us more as to why they denied?

They said there is no medical evidence in my file to support my request:

I guess an IMO is not considered medical evidence. It does say that DC 5257 (instability in the knee) is verified by a Lachman's test. The SOC even gives me the criteria for mild, moderate and severe.

I suggest that you prepare a Request for Reconsideration -there is info here as to how to do that-

Then again- maybe better yet- you should file a request for claim consider under the October Incident Fast Letter.

I just posted a template for this.

It would be good to have ypur Rep aware of this type of request. He/she should have copy of the fast letter and it is here at hadit.

I suggest that you prepare a Request for Reconsideration -there is info here as to how to do that-

Then again- maybe better yet- you should file a request for claim consider under the October Incident Fast Letter.

I just posted a template for this.

It would be good to have ypur Rep aware of this type of request. He/she should have copy of the fast letter and it is here at hadit.

Berta,

I didn't think you could Request Reconsideration of a DRO review? If I can, I will simply have my Ortho doc perform the required test and submit the evidence. The SOC also said theat the new evidence I submitted is credible and valid, but without the medical evidence (test results) they are useless for assigning a rating.

Does this make sense?

• HadIt.com Elder

I suggest that you get a doc to write the statement, "After reviewing all of the pertinent medical records, I have come to the medical determination that it is at least as likely as not that this veteran's current knee disability is related to his military service."

It seems to me that they are not denying that you have a knee problem. They are denying that it is service connected. If you don't get a statement such as the one above, you will continue to get turned away. Just because you have a letter from a outside doc doesn't guarantee a win, either. It has to contain very specific language.

I suggest that you get a doc to write the statement, "After reviewing all of the pertinent medical records, I have come to the medical determination that it is at least as likely as not that this veteran's current knee disability is related to his military service."

It seems to me that they are not denying that you have a knee problem. They are denying that it is service connected. If you don't get a statement such as the one above, you will continue to get turned away. Just because you have a letter from a outside doc doesn't guarantee a win, either. It has to contain very specific language.

I am SC'd 30% for knee replacement, I asked for an additional rating for instability. They denied the additional rating