VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Letter

Rate this question

sehinchee

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would get the test results, as well as any other medical documentation you can get, and submit them with a Form 9. Realize, though, that this will be the last opportunity that you have to submit new evidence in this claim. Should the BVA deny the claim, the CAVC does not accept new evidence. It is best to get it all in now.

Well, after re-reading the SOC again and again, the conclusion that I have come up with is that I am rated correctly at 30%. I may have a shot at being rated under DC 5257 for lateral instability, if I can get the proper tests done. The test mentioned in the SOC are very simple tests that I have had done many times, and I have an appointment Friday to get them done again. I will then have my Ortho doc give me a letter the states something like:

I performed a Lachman’s test on the vets right knee. The vets right knee is experiencing lateral instability with a range of motion between 5mm to 7mm.

NOW, I called the 1-800 number and asked if the DRO would look at the test results. The answer I got was that they would look at additional evidence and if it is enough for them to change the DRO’s ruling they will do so. Bottom line is they told me that it can still be done at the RO level. I waited almost a year for this DRO review,, does anyone know if this set back will put me at the end of the line again?

Pete

No offense, but yes they can deny a NOD. They just "back door" deny NOD's. The RO in Cleveland denies NOD's by "interpreting" them as a benefit claim instead. By "interpreting" a NOD as something else, they can effectively deny it. Its what I call a "back door" denial. They did that to me.