VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ttp

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My recent blood work came up bad and I went to VA Monday to see if I could see Doc. They gave me an appointment for May 13, 2008 and more blood work. Anyway today watching a TV add for TTP a rare disease caused by Plavix and low and behold I have all the symptoms.

Its an almost always fatal disease but I will wait to see the Doc. As I research it guess who is in the middle going back to 1999. Yep our dear VA.

I am not going to panic but I am going to request a total transfusion one of the remedies that seems to help.

I just don't know how I will ever be able to trust the VA again.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everything turns out good for you Pete, I have not trusted the VA for medication since I was arrested while taking the medication Effexxor for depression I was told to increase my dose after reporting problems with anger, and rage I did and was arrested. I have not been to them since 1999 The VA cost me about five grand for attorney and rebuttal from an outside doctor. I really hope the best for you as you have been a great inspiration for me over the years.

Jack

Pete my friend I truly hope this works out in your favor.

I don't think the VA can be faulted in this one cause there are millions of personal on Plavix which has been prescribed by civilian doctors - I am one of them myself. A stroke or a heart attack, even a high risk of, will surely get you a prescription for plavix..

• 2 weeks later...
My recent blood work came up bad and I went to VA Monday to see if I could see Doc. They gave me an appointment for May 13, 2008 and more blood work. Anyway today watching a TV add for TTP a rare disease caused by Plavix and low and behold I have all the symptoms.

Its an almost always fatal disease but I will wait to see the Doc. As I research it guess who is in the middle going back to 1999. Yep our dear VA.

I am not going to panic but I am going to request a total transfusion one of the remedies that seems to help.

I just don't know how I will ever be able to trust the VA again.

I'm sorry to hear about the TTP. Contact Dr. James George with the Oklahoma University Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He is the "man" in the U.S. for this disease. He treated a good friend of mine for TTP about 5 years ago. The treatment process is long and involved, but he has had a lot of sucess with platelet transfusions. My buddy wouldn't be here today without this doc.

Dr. James N. George

825 N.E. 10th

Oklahoma City, Ok

405-271-8299

• HadIt.com Elder

My rescheduled appointment is today. Blood work at 1 and see Doc at 3. I am beginning to think that I do not have TTP do to the fact I have been on plavix for over 1 year. Further research is pointing to some kind of iron deficiency anemia. Should learn more today.

I appreciate all the responses as I sort of freaked. Anyway I once again had a bad enough panic attack for the ride to ER and 8 hours of pure hell to be discharged with a red face. I did notify Fee Service to see if they will pay my copays.