VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unusual Question

Rate this question

Jim 501st

Question

I have been looking at my medical records for several years and some things just hasn't looked right.

One of the pages in question is the report of medical history. This information is for official use only and will not be released to unauthorized persons. is the heading at the top of the page. it is stander form 89.

I have always noticed there was two copies of this form several pages apart and just assumed they were duplicates. I finally took the staple out and laid them side by side. On the front of this form there are seven areas that don't match. Some are important to claims I have now. And some should have been bought to my attention when I got out. I should add that on the back of these forms are three discreficences, including the fact that one is signed by the examining Doctor and one isn't. the same side of this document is a block where I printed my name and the second block, my signature. on one form it has my last name middle initial and first name printed in my hand writing.

On the other form it has my first name middle initial and last name , not in my hand writing printed.

If you would overlay these two documents they would be Identical, except for these three differences.

It is clear to see by a blind man that certain areas of this form was whited out and redone.

On another form, my final hearing test made me service connected for hearing loss at o% and 10% for tinnitus, However another graft was drawn under the first and one of the numbers changed making me unqualified, and at the bottom of this form they had my hearing marked as a profile 2 and blacked it out and wrote a 1 beside it.

This is important because on the other side of first mentioned form under car, train, sea and air sickness block I had checked the block yes. On the other form without a signature it is marked no.

I have a claim that is on appeal for hearing loss, tinnitus vertigo, and diagnosed meniere's disease.

Also I am preparing a claim for neurogenic bladder which was mentioned as part of my disability for dss.

It is written on both copies under Dr's statement on final physical.( Infection of bladder- Aug. 62- symptomatic with frequent urination- sequela at present) On the other side of these two documents under frequent or painful urination I checked yes on one the other without a Dr's signature is checked no with an x through the yes. Again except for the changes mentioned you can over lay these document and they are identical. One other thing is this Dr's signature block is empty. ( whited out I expect to protect his a-- if it was ever found out.)

I could detail more but you can get my drift. I think they doctor my records but neglected to take out the undoctored one.

I have a dro hearing coming up on my Rt. knee soon. There is an altered document they used to deny my claim. The date on one of the key pieces of evidence was changed to make it appear that my knee was swollen a year before my accident, but I think I can prove by my rank at the bottom of the document that it was actually a year after the accident. They did extract the original so this is all I have.

Now a question. By proving that my medical records had been altered in one area would it help prove they could have been altered in another?

Another question. Its been 40 years, do I have any legal recourse on the fraud committed against me at my discharge?

thanks Jim 501st

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If it was me I would go to the VARO and ask to see the C File. I would than show the problem to the Counselor and ask how to fix the problem without going to IG.

If it was me I would go to the VARO and ask to see the C File. I would than show the problem to the Counselor and ask how to fix the problem without going to IG.

Pete thanks for your reply. I got my copy of my medical records from the ro about four years ago, so I would say it would be safe to say the same is in my c-file.

I talked to my rep who's office is in the ro a couple of weeks ago. He went up stairs and found my c-file. He said the rater let him look at it and it appeared i had gotten a partial award on the hearing claim. He said mine was among about 70 others piled around her desk that she was working. He advised me not to file the other claim yet or it would probably stop this claim in its tracks. Do you think I should wait for my letter on this before taking this to the ro?

Jim 501st

• HadIt.com Elder

This is a falsehood that MANY if not all VSO's, RO's, etc., etc., WANT you to believe, and that is that there is just ONE copy of your C-file, and if you make another claim or for some reason or another, that you should question ANY thing about your claim, that some big, bad VooDoo is gonna happen to your C-file and that it will take them years to find it because "you filed another claim before we got through with your last claim and that, because you were stooopid and filed another claim then it's YOUR fault that it is taking us FORFREAKIN EVER, 'cause Vicki over in the "We were ready to rate your claim" department had to give Billie over in the "New Claims that we will take forever to adjudicate" department your C-file and now nobody knows shit and nobody will ever know shit about your Claim and it's ALL YOUR FAULT.

Ain't true. All they gotta do is LOOK IT UP, it's ALL there.......for anybody in the RO to see, anytime, day or night. This B.S. about someone having 70 + claims piled around their desk and they might get all "screwed up" if you should upset the Apple Cart.......that's just YOUR so-called SO covering up for the fact that they DON'T KNOW what is going on, they don't WANT to KNOW what is going on, and it would actually take up their time to find out WHAT is going on..........

Ooooops, sorry, I'll have to stop with this post......it's COFFEE BREAK TIME and then, after that, we are going to have a BABY SHOWER, then I'll have to break for lunch, then, immediately after lunch I have a MEETING to attend.....then IT'S COFFEE BREAK TIME again.....and, well, you see, it's a LOT EASIER if I just tell you poop and make up stories.................gotta go. :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

BTW, I FINALLY got a copy of my C-file....all 9 lbs. of it.

Of course I ASKED for my C-file in November 2006, again in August 2007, again in December 2007 and finally had my Congressman's office call the RO and ask for them again......all requests were in writing via registered mail.

I guess it finally pissed 'em off. FINALLY!

Have you ever done a "competition shuffle" of a deck of cards?

That is what they did BEFORE providing me with my copy of my C-File.

It has taken me THREE WEEKS to finally be able to put the pages in order. I mean, like, there would be the THIRD page of my SMR's in between the 18th page of my current clinical notes from last week, followed by the 4 page of my radiology notes from Sep. 2003 followed by a list of my pharmacy meds from my psychiatrist's one on one notes from last week.............

SOB's I tell ya!

And, THEY wonder why us Sorry, Greedy, Worthless U.S. Veterans get all worked up and "postal" sometimes. Just yesterday I watched a poor guy being led down the hall at the Dallas VAMC by two of the security-types. He was sobbing and telling them that HE WAS SORRY, all he wanted to do was TALK TO SOMEONE about his MEDS and that if they would JUST PLEASE TURN LOOSE OF ME THEN I'LL BE ALRIGHT.....

• HadIt.com Elder

they made many......but, they never kept but one....

remember that and your expectations will coincide with reality

This Red Man's got the Red Ass.........it happens more frequently, lately.

Like Pete always says..Your spinnin Your the wheels until you get the C-File.

His advice was on the money for me.

I found invaluable evidence in my file that ultimately assisted in winning my appeal.

Sheesh!