VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Soldier Faces Trial

Rate this question

william n

Question

Soldier(sniper) faces trial using the koran as target practice..mmmm Bush says he will face trial.

Edited by williamn

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

John999, man did you say it all, I thought I was the only one who knew about Black Water being kicked out of Iraq and on the conditions of complete amnesty of any war crimes and blasting civilians to hell with automatic weapons fire and a mini gun from a helicopter. Here at home we burn flags, bibles just for starters, and combat soldier have to held to this ridicules standard as if were proud of it. Mean while the rest of the world laughs at us, I think Bush should read the book "war for dummies". what an idiot and I'm a bigger idiot for voting for this fool! Jesus, were on auto pilot, Bush has raised Jimmy Carter to FDR and Winston Churchill status.....

I am so glad that I am not the only one that sees this idiot for what he is and for what he has done to this country. He and that sidekick of his vice pres. will have to explain themselves to God for the lives that have been perished in this war. I can wait to see the day that this clown is out of the WH, and further more I feel good that he was never my commander in chief.

me too..i feel for those who did not know what they were in for..could we (us) have done more to inform those?? i dont know? Peace, William n

I'm sorry to disagree with most of you. You must consider the Value that Muslims put on their hollist of books, the Koran. It's not only the muslims in Irak that hold this value, but those in other Muslim countries as well.

I personally would be just as outraged if this same soilder had decided to use a Christian Bible or a Jewish Tora, or any other type of religous book that is held in such high esteem.

The soldier used very poor judgement and could well have enflamed an already tenuous situation their in Irak.

One said that soilders are not Social Workers. I disagree. They are representatives of the United States and the best that our country has to offer. That is to say. That the people of Irak, the everyday person, the one who wishes no real harm to the US soilders their, should be treated in the same manner that we would want to be treated.

Granted this is hard to do in such an invironment where the enemy is in among those we wish to help, but we should not be doing those things that put us in a bad light, giving the enemy the very thing or tool to use against us. When they see us distroying their religous icons, tearing at the very fabric of their beliefs, then we defeat any purpose for our saying we are there to help them.

Some say we are their for all the wrong reasons. 9/11 comes to mind, it doesn't matter that we returned to Irak for Weapons of Mass Destruction or not. The War on terrorism had to begin somewhere and Irak was clearly the center of terrorism at the time.

I hate to see Men and Women die over their, but the War on terroism must be won at all costs or we will be doomed to more 9/11's in the future. Irak is not Vietnam. Vietnam was truely faut for the wrong reasons. Our having pulled out without winning was proof enough. But think for one moment, how different the Vietnam War would have been if it had been a Vietcong who had flown an airliner into the Twin Towers.

Terrorism is a different kind of war and if not stopped, their will be more 9/11's. The terrorist will bring more suicide bombers to our shores. I for one prefer that the war remain on the soil where the terrorist call home instead.

The distruction of the Koran to us is not such a big deal when we seperate church and state. But to a devaut Muslim in a Muslim country, church and state are pretty much one and the same.

I'm sorry but I think the soldier was wrong to do what he did and used very poor judgemnt when he decided to do what he did.

Rockhound Rider :angry:

I'm sorry to disagree with most of you. You must consider the Value that Muslims put on their hollist of books, the Koran. It's not only the muslims in Irak that hold this value, but those in other Muslim countries as well.

I personally would be just as outraged if this same soilder had decided to use a Christian Bible or a Jewish Tora, or any other type of religous book that is held in such high esteem.

The soldier used very poor judgement and could well have enflamed an already tenuous situation their in Irak.

One said that soilders are not Social Workers. I disagree. They are representatives of the United States and the best that our country has to offer. That is to say. That the people of Irak, the everyday person, the one who wishes no real harm to the US soilders their, should be treated in the same manner that we would want to be treated.

Granted this is hard to do in such an invironment where the enemy is in among those we wish to help, but we should not be doing those things that put us in a bad light, giving the enemy the very thing or tool to use against us. When they see us distroying their religous icons, tearing at the very fabric of their beliefs, then we defeat any purpose for our saying we are there to help them.

Some say we are their for all the wrong reasons. 9/11 comes to mind, it doesn't matter that we returned to Irak for Weapons of Mass Destruction or not. The War on terrorism had to begin somewhere and Irak was clearly the center of terrorism at the time.

I hate to see Men and Women die over their, but the War on terroism must be won at all costs or we will be doomed to more 9/11's in the future. Irak is not Vietnam. Vietnam was truely faut for the wrong reasons. Our having pulled out without winning was proof enough. But think for one moment, how different the Vietnam War would have been if it had been a Vietcong who had flown an airliner into the Twin Towers.

Terrorism is a different kind of war and if not stopped, their will be more 9/11's. The terrorist will bring more suicide bombers to our shores. I for one prefer that the war remain on the soil where the terrorist call home instead.

The distruction of the Koran to us is not such a big deal when we seperate church and state. But to a devaut Muslim in a Muslim country, church and state are pretty much one and the same.

I'm sorry but I think the soldier was wrong to do what he did and used very poor judgemnt when he decided to do what he did.

Rockhound Rider :angry:

peace,william n

My not be a popular opinion but hey, were in America so I'll have at it!!

A sniper taking target practice on an object his current enemy holds in great reverence. I have no problem with that; years ago he would have been given an official pat on the back!! That is the type of focus and directed anger I want to see in our warriors. Problem is they are being used as police and they arn't fighting a war.

Those that lost need to develop an appreciation that they got it handed to them and rebuild their society. In doing so they should evaluate their values system and make adjustments as necessary to improve their society (we cant help- it needs to be internal).

The WAR cost nothing compared to the Nation Building we are involved in that we shouldn't be. Why should we pay the cost to fix something the British screwed up years ago?

As far as Bush and Co. statements, it isn't the Republicans alone that have done this to our country and young men. The Democrats have a hand as well as all of us. We continue to let two political organizations control our country that are more concerned with gaining more control and influence than what is best for the country.

Every time I hear Cheney-Halliburton, I want to scream! I'm sure Jay Rockefeller has no interest in Oil. How many long-term congressional representatives hold energy stocks?

The problem is the organizations we have created to govern us (republicans and democrats) hold so much control and are such masters at pulling our strings we shall never truly be a free nation again. We as a people are at the mercy of these organizations because they control life in America, not at an individual level (we still have significant individual freedom) but lets face it there is no viable third, fourth of fifth party in America.

Remember folks we have elected them all and the majority of them choose this course.

Best regards,

Tyler

• HadIt.com Elder

The terrorists came from Saudia Arabia not Iraq. We should be attacking S.A. and shooting up their Korans and Mosques.