VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Soldier Faces Trial

Rate this question

william n

Question

Soldier(sniper) faces trial using the koran as target practice..mmmm Bush says he will face trial.

Edited by williamn

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I'm sorry to disagree with most of you. You must consider the Value that Muslims put on their hollist of books, the Koran. It's not only the muslims in Irak that hold this value, but those in other Muslim countries as well.

I personally would be just as outraged if this same soilder had decided to use a Christian Bible or a Jewish Tora, or any other type of religous book that is held in such high esteem.

The soldier used very poor judgement and could well have enflamed an already tenuous situation their in Irak.

One said that soilders are not Social Workers. I disagree. They are representatives of the United States and the best that our country has to offer. That is to say. That the people of Irak, the everyday person, the one who wishes no real harm to the US soilders their, should be treated in the same manner that we would want to be treated.

Granted this is hard to do in such an invironment where the enemy is in among those we wish to help, but we should not be doing those things that put us in a bad light, giving the enemy the very thing or tool to use against us. When they see us distroying their religous icons, tearing at the very fabric of their beliefs, then we defeat any purpose for our saying we are there to help them.

Some say we are their for all the wrong reasons. 9/11 comes to mind, it doesn't matter that we returned to Irak for Weapons of Mass Destruction or not. The War on terrorism had to begin somewhere and Irak was clearly the center of terrorism at the time.

I hate to see Men and Women die over their, but the War on terroism must be won at all costs or we will be doomed to more 9/11's in the future. Irak is not Vietnam. Vietnam was truely faut for the wrong reasons. Our having pulled out without winning was proof enough. But think for one moment, how different the Vietnam War would have been if it had been a Vietcong who had flown an airliner into the Twin Towers.

Terrorism is a different kind of war and if not stopped, their will be more 9/11's. The terrorist will bring more suicide bombers to our shores. I for one prefer that the war remain on the soil where the terrorist call home instead.

The distruction of the Koran to us is not such a big deal when we seperate church and state. But to a devaut Muslim in a Muslim country, church and state are pretty much one and the same.

I'm sorry but I think the soldier was wrong to do what he did and used very poor judgemnt when he decided to do what he did.

Rockhound Rider :angry:

TALK ABOUT RESPECT OF THEIR TRADITIONS WHAT ABOUT WHEN THEY BURN OUR FLAG AND SPIT ON IT WERE IS THE RESPECT FROM THEM, IT BOTHERS ME JUST TO THINK THAT MANY MEN AND WOMEN DATING BACK TO THE INDEPENDANCE DAYS UNTIL THIS WAR HAVE GIVEN THIER LIVES NOT ONLY FOR OUR COUNTRY BUT ALSO FOR THE MEANNING OF WHAT OUR FLAGS STANDS FOR. TO BE HONEST TO YOU i REALLY DO NOT CARE IF THIS SOLDIER USED ONE OR A THOUSAND OF THEIR BOOKS WHO CARES. i ALSO FEEL THAT SOME FOLKS GET OFFENDED WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THEIR PRESIDENT I THINK THE REASON FOR THIS IS GUILT FOR ELECTING NOT ONLY ONCE BUT TWICE A MEN YOU HAVES DONE NOTHING, AT LEAST DURING THE DEMOCRATS ERA PEOPLE WERE NOT LOSING THEIR JOBS, HOMES AND PAYING 4 DOLLARS AT THE PUMP.

Rockhound, not to ruffle your feathers but I respectfully disagree soldiers are not social workers, I have experienced daily and constant combat and trust me when I say the last thing in battle on your mind is talking it out. Its a mind set, Politicians talk, soldiers fight. Yeah, I suppose the soldier could have shot at something of lessor value but it may have felt just that, it just doesn't have that same intensity or feel as combat. If you remember we used to shoot at Russian Ivan's to qualify with a rile, now should all Russians take offense to this? I think not, because in my mind they were qualifying with American yank targets. I am not sympathetic when i see Muslims burn the American flag here and abroad, the very symbol we hold in high regard. 71M10 expresses the way I feel as does john999. These people you say should be part social worker is Special Forces, this guy here was a highly trained ticket puncher and he was training to punch tickets period if he could have used something of equal value and as small, I would have did the same. All this is, is political correctness taking over, part of same problem we have at home.

Edited by yoggie2

The Iraq war and subsequent nation building is about oil, our whole involvement in the middle east is about oil. Most people get that.

However, I would clarify that the war with Iraq wasn't about getting control of Iraq's oil. It was about getting Iraq's capacity back in play since Iran has obviously decided to go nuke. Iran and Iraq's oil fields off-line at the same time won't work.

Is a nuclear Iran a threat to America? Directly, no, but we can't burn radioactive gasoline can we?

Wouldn't it have been grand if our political leadership back in the 70's would have planned and directed our country towards energy independance?

Best regards,

Tyler

I know I'll get some flak about my opinion regarding the oil "shortage" but I'm thick skinned...There is no oil shortage. We're swimming in oil. If you can talk to those that work on the rigs in the Gulf and they are willing to speak truthfully about it and they don't give a crap about the non-disclosure agreement they signed with their employer...they'll tell you just that.

Hell, just last year it was splashed all over Fox news that they had found a deposit so large in the Gulf that would support our oil needs, at the current rate of use, for ten years. What happened to that oil? And don't tell me it was set aside for the reserve, we already have numerous wells set aside for the reserve.

At first, the oil companies fought the environmentalists tooth and nail. Now, when they shut down a rig, the oil cos. say, "sure we'll shut it down, we don't mind getting five bucks a gallon for gas" and countless producing wells get capped.

Do a Google on "peak oil hoax" and read what is really going on.

On top of that, a full third of the price of a barrel of oil is speculation. Stock investors are making a killing out of making it harder on you filling your tank. Take oil off the comodities market and let it truely float on supply and demand and the price will come down, way down.

As usual, we rely on our critters to look out for us and as usual they are screwing us. It's probably a good bet that most of them have oil shares in their portfolios.

And as long as we say nothing, do nothing, it will continue.

jaz

Forgot to add...oh, and we don't have refining capacity. We don't???? Well, we've got refineries dotted all over the south, that are just sitting there idle, that with a little rehab will be up and producing in months, instead of the years the oil cos. say.

Edited by Jazona

• HadIt.com Elder

The oil companies own oil in the ground. This is like owning a gold mine. The oil sitting there is going up in price every day. Why drill now when the price may be 200 dollars a barrel in a year? The Saudis don't want to produce more because if they wait the price goes up. I lisented to some republican congresswoman on C-Span saying the Sierra Clud were to blame for the oil crisis. Exxon made 40 billion in profits. They love it.