VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Celexa

Rate this topic

Hello Pete,

Cough is a common side effect for ACE inhibitors and Lisinopril falls into that category. Cozar is a great drug to switch to and falls into a different category of drugs (ARBS). That should do the trick in treating your hypertension (HTN). Keep in mind, I do not know your history, etc. Normally, if your blood pressure needs a little more help, they may add a diuretic component. Still, it is one pill,,, Hyzar ---(Cozar + Hydrochlorothiazide).

Celexa is also a good drug for mood disorders (a wide range of things falls under this category ). A common side affect for this is a decrease in libido. Stomache aches, etc. are also a side effect of this drugs. But, if you are okay with this drug,,, continue with it. ;-)

Good health to ya,

Tayo

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celexa, like all ssri's I seem to be overly sensitve to, they work for a couple weeks, (and I feel the effects after only 3-5 days) then after a couple to three weeks I turn into a zombie, quiet, drooling, increaase of SI.

After my VA doc running me thru a gambit of them at different doseages, he asked if I would try one more, Buspar. It is working fine for the last month, no side effects, well maybe a slight sexual effect.

Still have all the same emotions, but a drop, but not eliminated depression, decrease in SI.

Hope it works for you.

Stu

• HadIt.com Elder

Stu:

I see the shrink next month will see what she says. So far I feel better than I have for a long time even Mrs Pete has noticed.

Hi Pete, I been on celexa for about 4 years 40 mg once a day. It keeps me on a even path. I forgot to reorder them and I was out for two days and I wanna tell ya I got withdrawl efects. Bet I don't forget to reorder again. Les

• Founder

i've been on celexa for years now it works really good for me but i do take 80mgs a day, it's a high dose but it gets me up and moving about, and it works better for me than anything i've taken so far, i also take atavan for anxiety, but the celexa is the one that keeps me going. don't forget to reorder the withdrawal sucks.

Hi Pete, I been on celexa for about 4 years 40 mg once a day. It keeps me on a even path. I forgot to reorder them and I was out for two days and I wanna tell ya I got withdrawl efects. Bet I don't forget to reorder again. Les