VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Is Degenerative Disc Disease Rated?

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello to everybody, I need to know how the Degenerative disc disease is rated and on my last C/P I was rated @ 10% My thoughts are if all they used were x-rays how acurate would the rating be? I have some mri of my spine from 2006 that I am going to present for evidence in a claim. The MRI was doen at my local hospital I have had a dsicectomy where they cleaned out the disc that was falling apart. I am no nuerologist but I have Disc Disease in L3, L4, L5 and L5 S1 I knwo that it hurts me everyday. Any advice from those of you cursed as I am with a bad back let em know. Should I wait a period of time before putting this or right now since the claim just came back? I told the fellow I woud post it and find out. I look forward to anyone one who has been down this road. Thanks again....

william n, I'd have to say you'd be hard pressed to find a VA Doctor any wheres to proscribe bed rest. Specially when you only see them 4 or 6 times a years, you'll need a creditable source DR to do this out side the VA, not just any Dr,I have never been proscribe bed rest from the VA and left in a wheel chair one time. So I don't think you telling them in your records you have SC injuries that leave me in the bed all the time. Any thing I saw had to be proscribed..........I was proscribed horse pain pills and wasn't given bed rest and I was walking around in to walls and loopy as all get out and nothing, they (VA) protect that firewall.You'd think when the VA putting people on all those poisons they'd realize your screwed up or why bother with it?..