VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Rx

Rate this topic

I had my psychiatrist appointment last week and she asked me how thing were going. I said they have been better, She heard, I was doing better. After we got that straightened out and we talked about it, she asked about work. I told her that it was not going well. I teach vocational classes and although I designed and wrote the PowerPoint presentations that I use, I get lost in the middle of them. She asked what I meant by lost and I told her that I will forget what I was saying and going to say. I struggle to find words I used to use on a daily basis. She asked if this happened when I am depressed, I told her it happened all the time so I must be depressed most of the time. So she decided it was time for a medication change.

I have been taking 60 mg of the celexa and 150 mg of the Buprion (Welbutrin) in the morning and again in the afternoon. I am now weaning off the celexa and am starting with 75 mg of venlafaxine hydrochloride (effexor) and will build that up to 225 mg.

I am not sure how this will work. Does anyone have experience with Effexor and/or the Effexor/Welbutrin combination?

I also went to see my PCM, turns out I have a growing problem and not a going problem (enlarged prostate) so now I am on medicine to reduce that. It sucks getting older

Edited by huskerfanfl

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are like me eventually you will be grateful that that pill works so well. I mean the one for prostate.

I was recently started on Celexa and my memory used to be pretty good for someone my age and condition.

Good Luck let us know how the new meds do

Pete,

You were absolutely right. It took a couple of days for that prostate pill to kcik in, but I went from having to get up 4 - 5 times a night to once a night. Plus I can sit through an entire movie now. I am not sure about the other pills yet. I hope they help my memory. Hell, I ain't but 48. Just last year I was not having this problem.