VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Purplr Heart

Rate this question

windy city

Question

I was watching the evening news when the subjet about ptsd and purple heart was broughtup again. What do you guys think about it? I feel they should be awarded but wiyh no compensation been awarded.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It would cheapen the deaths of those who die from agent orange if they got a PH. These people were lied to and deceived while they were being poisoned by their own government. They were murdered by their own government. What would make me happy is if the makers of AO were put on trial as war criminals. It is a war crime to use a biological agent against a civilian population not to mention murdering your own soldiers. I am sure DOW knew the possible consequences of AO to human populations, but money blinded them. The DOD asked no questions because the soldiers were disposable. The Vietnamese were not even considered human.

• HadIt.com Elder

John,

I read a book once that was titled "Agent Orange: Waiting for an Army to Die". AO has killed

as many or more soldiers than were killed in the war. That could never be confirmed because the government would not have the numbers. Of course, the real truth is they don't want to know & for sure don't want us to know. I was back in the rear & AO was not something I expected to impact my life. In August 2004, I was told I had Prostate Caner & my kidneys were going to require transplant in 5 years . Spent 9 weeks taking radiation for Prostate Cancer & some changes improved kidney function. Also have Peripheral Neuropathy in both feet, legs & some skin problems. Like I said I wasn't out in the jungle, but I still ended up be an AO Victim. God only knows how bad AO has & will continue to attack those in the jungle. They have know since 1949 (I think) that herbicides caused problems in workers in chemical plant making them. Duh, no one read them. So we pay & pay & Die.

Don

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe that some of the heaviest spray concentrations were around the waterways in III Core. That means the AO got into the water and into the ground water in RVN. It got into the plants and rocks and soil and animals and people. It got into our fat cells and is sitting there today waiting to explode if triggered.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was in III Corps in Cholon. Spent some time on Tan Son Nhut. You are 100% about ground water, food etc. They knew what they were doing & kept on spraying. Those bunch of %*&)

Don