VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Telephone Voip

Pete53

• HadIt.com Elder

Dear Hadit Members:

It is very possible that I may be off line for sometime tomorrow as I am supposed to switch from Land Line Telephone to VOIP Voice over internet phone tomorrow.

My son Alex and I have set up the second router, plugged aphone into it and are waiting for a blue light. Supposedly we will be off Ma Bell for a couple of hours before the blue light special.

3 months ago I upgraded my internet and TV to AT&T Uverse. It was supposed to be a big money saver but not so far. I have also had to upgrade cell phone and T-Mobil offers a 10 dollar a month plan to use the internet for my phone and supposed to be only 10 bucks for long distance and local. I used to pay 90 bucks for my telephone, long distance and internet but now I pay 164 for better internet and better TV than Directv I used to have

Before the smoke clears if everything works like advertised which it seldom does my saving will be about 90 a month and everything better.

I know that if this fails in any way they will be picking me up off the concrete after the whipping I endure from Mrs Pete. No one likes to be without phone service and waiting for a blue light makes me very nervous.

So if you don't see me for a while count me as lost in cyberspace.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

i am waiting for att uverse in my area, i am hoping it will have more stations with stuff that i like to watch. the computer, the tv, and books are the only things i do and am always trying to fill my time. i am thinking of getting one of the those Kindle devices that allows you to download books, i think that may be good for me since i never seem to leave the house to browse books and also would think it would cut down on book clutter.

Dear Hadit Members:

It is very possible that I may be off line for sometime tomorrow as I am supposed to switch from Land Line Telephone to VOIP Voice over internet phone tomorrow.

My son Alex and I have set up the second router, plugged aphone into it and are waiting for a blue light. Supposedly we will be off Ma Bell for a couple of hours before the blue light special.

3 months ago I upgraded my internet and TV to AT&T Uverse. It was supposed to be a big money saver but not so far. I have also had to upgrade cell phone and T-Mobil offers a 10 dollar a month plan to use the internet for my phone and supposed to be only 10 bucks for long distance and local. I used to pay 90 bucks for my telephone, long distance and internet but now I pay 164 for better internet and better TV than Directv I used to have

Before the smoke clears if everything works like advertised which it seldom does my saving will be about 90 a month and everything better.

I know that if this fails in any way they will be picking me up off the concrete after the whipping I endure from Mrs Pete. No one likes to be without phone service and waiting for a blue light makes me very nervous.

So if you don't see me for a while count me as lost in cyberspace.

• HadIt.com Elder

I got phone service through brighthouse and every time a storm came up it was knocked off line. I had to call brighthouse to get it cranked up again. I went back to the Verizon as bad as it is because it never goes out even during hurricanes. I don't even have a cell phone since I hate signing contracts.

• In Memoriam

Not an advertisement. This is just an explaination for VoiP. I have been using it for about 20 years, off and on, under different names. Right now I have reformatted my comp., and I am having problems with getting Skype going again.

http://www.skype.com/help/guides/voip/

• HadIt.com Elder

So far my new VOIP telephone service is working great. It only costs 10 bucks a month and I am very happy with it. Even has less static than my old land line and after 5 rings it goes to my cell phone. My last AT&T phone bill was 76 bucks.

I have Uverse and am very happy with it. But most of all I am happy with high speed internet 10MB/1.5MB and very consistent. I use bit torrent to download TV and Movies.

As far as books I have a fairly large collection and I trade with friends and family and also buy from half priced bookstore. You can also order online I do that also. At the current time I am into the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher a sort of grown up Harry Potter.

Next week all my brothers and sisters will be in Dallas and we have been making plans to go to a Baseball Game and the Kimbell Art Museum to look at a large collection of impressionist master paintings.The Chicago Art Museum is lending them out and they have not been on display anywhere except Chicago since 1954.

It is getting very hot in Dallas our usual summer weather and being with my siblings is a nice break for us.

The end result of changes I have made will save me money and I have a lot more. One thing I really like about Uverse is no contract which allows you to check it out and I got the first month free which pretty much paid for the costs of changeover for me. I also get a lot more channels but it was hard to get used to the new channel numbers but I am learning. It also has a very large video on demand library with a lot of free tv without commercials.

I have found and been watching the Green Channel a Discovery Channel companion and picked up a lot of good ideas to cut electric bill.