VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awaiting A Signature

Rate this question

Fosk

Question

I called to check on my status and the lady told me it was in a very good spot and that it was awaiting a signature. I asked for my increase to be back dated to 1988 to 9/07 as I had not received a response from VA on my initial increase. I also put in for PTSD, cardio disease and degenerative disk disease. There is something troubling though and that is... they told me they received a letter from the Virginia parole board, and, I have never been in trouble with the law, what could that mean? I called as many people as I could from my local police dept. to the parole board itself and nobody has a record of my name in the system. Any input would be appreciated.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

a couple of thoughts on the parole board thing you might have never been in trouble but you might have been a victim of ID theft, or SSAN, name etc by someone else have you ever lived in VA?

Waitng for a signature means nothing they even need a sign off signature for denials I learned that about 5 years ago you might get low balled but if you are hoping that they back date you for those medical problems back to 1988 I seriously doubt it will happen at the VARO level, maybe on a CUE claim to BVA or the Court of Veterans Appeals, but the VA is not going to award that kind of money easily you are trying to fight a bob cat with a new born kitten on this one

• HadIt.com Elder

Well cause she said you were in a good place I would bet the ranch you have some type of award. Waiting for signature can mean days or weeks.

Good Luck

What a joke.... now they tell me it is still in development, guess the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well if you read Hadit for awhile you will find out that what you hear from 800 Number Operators is only as good as the last one you talked too. A lot of times I think that they make up chit just to move on to next call.