VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No C&p Exam

Rate this question

crosssabers

Question

Hello there.

I am wondering if anyone has had their claim decided without a C&P? I submitted plenty of paperwork in support of my claim, most from VA itself, so I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else out there?

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Rentalguy-I was asking about claims being decided, not denied, but this brings up a question about that.

If VA is provided with hard evidence in support of a claim and they do not request a C&P, just deny outright-wouldn't that count as a CUE? They were provided a couple years worth of documentation including a 5 page document from VA Mental Health including a diagnosis (AXIS) and GAF dated 6 months prior to filing for the claim. I feel that would be a terrible injustice and wonder if they can just get away with overlooking something like that?

crossabers, I am in the same boat as you and was wondering the same exact thing. I spent a year in Iraq and filed for my claim in January 2008. I have received some correspondence from the VA and replied with all the necessary documentation immediately. Right now I am just playing the waiting game, but all my medical work was done at military hospitals.

Hopefully it will be decided favorably without C&P's. You'd think the VA/Army documents would be enough. It's not like a LOT of time has passed and there is a claim without anything to back it up...

Just got this back from IRIS-seems pretty hopeful:

trnsp.gif Response (Department of Veterans Affairs)06/25/2008 10:46 AM Mr. XXXXXX:

Your claim is still pending. The file is out the the rating board. What they decided is still unknow. Once we receive the file back in we will enter the decision and sent out a letter. We hope to resolve this within the next 6 weeks.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

XXXXX

Veterans Service Center Manager

I couldn't agree with you more. All my ailments are recent, and they have access to all my records from the local base. Only time will tell, and it probably makes too much sense for this to become a reality. Good luck with the claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thinkin the best for ya, don't recall having recieved a letter with '6 weeks' on it. Sounds like youre special!

cg (ps caution, Iris, 1800 or written requests from vet/vso can be fodder in SOCs)

Hopefully it will be decided favorably without C&P's. You'd think the VA/Army documents would be enough. It's not like a LOT of time has passed and there is a claim without anything to back it up...

Just got this back from IRIS-seems pretty hopeful:

trnsp.gif Response (Department of Veterans Affairs)06/25/2008 10:46 AM Mr. XXXXXX:

Your claim is still pending. The file is out the the rating board. What they decided is still unknow. Once we receive the file back in we will enter the decision and sent out a letter. We hope to resolve this within the next 6 weeks.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

XXXXX

Veterans Service Center Manager