VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vcs Lawyers Appeal

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/ArticleID/10494

Unfortunately the Judge has a point on this-in his decision-

still the fact that this case brought to the public the tip of the VA iceberg has certainly impacted on VA and perhaps this case can proceed-

or at least it could potentially get Congress to change the way the VA does business.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It's biggest point has to be that it should make Congress look at the fact that there are still serious problems with the way the VARO's process disability claims and appeals and veterans that end up having to appeal which is usually almost everyone is leaving many disabled veterans on the poverty lists for 3-5 years while the BVA claims process takes so long to do it's magic, and the number of "new vets" losing their homes, getting divorced over financial hardships, losing their vehicles, etc problems with the VA and SS is usually about 75% of all Congressional problems the public calls them for help with, even the most jaded "partisian" politicians have to know there are serious issues with SSD and veterans claims.....

• HadIt.com Elder

As long as their is a freash supply of young men and women for the meatgrinder change will be slow. Once you get discharged to the loving arms of the VA you are at their mercy.

• HadIt.com Elder

We all hope it will chance, but deep down we all know it is going to take an act of god to get anything done.

I hope that this issue is won in court. Getting lip service from our elected officials is all we are apt to get. As long as the bottom line is money, money that the government can not otherwise spend on pork belly projects, legislations that their core election contributors want, etc. etc. etc.

Until we get a President in office who truely takes to hart that he is the commander and chief of the armed forces and treats them as if he was their along side them in their time of need, No one with enough influence is going to make a difference.

The President of the United States can fix this with a stroke of a pen. All he has to do is issue a Presidential decree ordering the VA to make and inforce the corrections that are needed and see to it that the VA is fully funded. He has the power to nearly shut down any new legislation that comes across his desk until such time as his recommendations are met.

The is legislation that support pork belly projects and special interest groups and the major core contributors to their being and continueing to be in office.

If it turns out we have no recourse in the courts as a group, well, I just hate to see how veterans react.

Sorry to rag, I'm not in a very good mood, we have fires going on all around us and the smoke is poring into our bowl of a valley. with my breathing problems, I'm worried I may end up in the hospital for which I have managed to stay out of for so long. I'm misserable and cranky.

Rockhound B)