VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Question

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am a little puzzled.

I down loaded the TDIU Form and took the completed form

and my letter from Social Security that I have not

been employed since 1983.

I took them to the Roanoke Regional Office, May 28, 2008.

I have called the Call Number and to date those papers have

not been logged into my claim.

Well, finally I took the same papers, called the Call toll free number

and ask for the fax number for the Huntington R.O

The Marine Recruiter faxed all these date stamped papers to the

Veterans Service Center Manager for me three days ago.

Still no log in.

Should it really take this long to log in papers?

I do know the Huntington R. O has had my completed paper for

my husband as a dependent of 43 years, since May 8, 2008,

I still haven't heard anything about this either.

The Service Manager during my first internet inquiry told me

they would be paying my husband back 11 years. I only wrote

to him to let him know that I was requesting them to pay my husband

the back pay.

I was told, by the toll free number, I must ask for anything

that I want from the VA.

For the dependent paper, they just about rated my complete file

in the time this is taking.

Any suggestions on how to get some answers on why my TDIU is

not being logged in.

The call number is not much help.

Thanks,

Betty

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It sure seems they should have gotten the TDIU form by now-

I cant understand it Josephine-

Over 2 months ago I signed some POA forms for a lawyer regarding my CUE claims.Then it seems like as soon as they got these forms the would not respond to my emails or calls.

Then the VSM via Iris on the status of my claims said I show no POA at all so I figured the lawyer changed her mind.

But I formally revoked the POA-I have enough POA problem so thought this was best to do-

suddenly the lawyer is calling me now (I missed the calls) and I based the revocation on what the VSM had said-no POA showing anyhow-

I was uncomfortable anyhow- I was told to sign the lawyer's POA forms without dating them. This bothered me.

As matter of fact I just came back from my local lawyer's office, everything I had to sign was dated today's date.

One was a POA form in the event I become incapacitated for my daughter to handle my stuff.It sure had today's date on it.

Betty,

You posted,"I only wrote to him to let him know that I was requesting them to pay my husband

the back pay."

Unless you have been adjudicated by VA as Incompetent to Handle your own Funds AND your

husband has been Appointed by VA as your Fiduciary ----- then VA can not pay your husband the do-ra-me.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Aw Betty, sure makes one wonder. When I submitted my last claims request, my dependents paperwork had aleady been submitted. I was to learn that the VA held the dependents claim (I think its also called a non-rating claim) until my current claim for Iu/Increase was rated - so all the numbers would balance out. Still took near a year for the rating and backpay.

So I wonder if its possible that your IU claim is in the system somewhere on another screen in the VA computer system and hasnt been 'presented' to the viewing level of the 1800 callers. Also its possible that your dependents claim could be 'married' into the IU claim, which may put it up higher in pecking order.

The claim should be logged asap but who knows why it isnt? Maybe wanted to miss a va centers numbers for May? or was recieved in June for recieved claims accounting.

Hang in there, you're doing fine following up and checking in with the VA to see 'if there is anything else you can do to support your claim meanwhile!'

Best to ya.

cg

I am a little puzzled.

I down loaded the TDIU Form and took the completed form

and my letter from Social Security that I have not

been employed since 1983.

I took them to the Roanoke Regional Office, May 28, 2008.

I have called the Call Number and to date those papers have

not been logged into my claim.

Well, finally I took the same papers, called the Call toll free number

and ask for the fax number for the Huntington R.O

The Marine Recruiter faxed all these date stamped papers to the

Veterans Service Center Manager for me three days ago.

Still no log in.

Should it really take this long to log in papers?

I do know the Huntington R. O has had my completed paper for

my husband as a dependent of 43 years, since May 8, 2008,

I still haven't heard anything about this either.

The Service Manager during my first internet inquiry told me

they would be paying my husband back 11 years. I only wrote

to him to let him know that I was requesting them to pay my husband

the back pay.

I was told, by the toll free number, I must ask for anything

that I want from the VA.

For the dependent paper, they just about rated my complete file

in the time this is taking.

Any suggestions on how to get some answers on why my TDIU is

not being logged in.

The call number is not much help.

Thanks,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

[quote name='carlie' date='Jun 26 2008, 03:13 PM' post='96381']

Betty,

You posted,"I only wrote to him to let him know that I was requesting them to pay my husband

the back pay."

Unless you have been adjudicated by VA as Incompetent to Handle your own Funds AND your

husband has been Appointed by VA as your Fiduciary ----- then VA can not pay your husband the do-ra-me.

carlie

Carlie,

This is what the call number told me to say.

Veteran/Inquirer 05/16/2008 12:25 PM

Mr. Beaudoin.

I took the filled out dependent form and a copy of my marriage to the Roanoke Regional Office to be date stamped, May 8, 2008, and mailed to you.

I was told today by the Lady at the VA toll free number in South Carolina that I had to request you pay my husband retro for the years that I became rated 30% to date at present 70%.

I am placing this request to you. I would appreciate being my husband is also a Vietnam Veteran and has paid for all my health insurance and medication for the years of 1965 to date.

Answer

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs) 05/20/2008 09:39 AM

Dear Mrs. xxxxx:

This is in reply to your recent e-mail concerning your dependency.

Upon receiving the dependency form and copy of your marriage certificate from the Roanoke Regional Office, we will process this claim. Once we do complete the processing , we will notify you by mail and also process the retroactive back pay. You do not have to reply in writing to have your husband added to your benefits from 30% to date.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

Joseph R. Beaudoin

Veterans Service Center Manager

2112/315/rbh/pct

How to Contact VA:

On line: www.va.gov

By phone: 1-800-827-1000

1-800-829-4833 (TDD hearing impaired)

By letter: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

(Your Address)

Edited by Josephine

Betty,

Are you talking about getting the VA to pay you money for your husband as a dependent

OR

are you talking about the check being made payable to your husband ??

By your post I am understanding that you want the check made payable to your husband.

carlie

Betty,

It took the VA right at 2 months after I sent in my marriage cert and paperwork to get my spouse added. At the advice of my vet rep I also sent in my spouse's Social Security card. Did you send your husband's SS card in as well? I don't know if this is required but I can tell you that the letter the VA sends you listing what you need to take to get an ID card is NOT comprehensive. We had to drive down to the closest post twice to get them everything they needed so it makes me think that a lot of times the VA requires stuff that they don't tell you about. If you didn't send in his SS card you may want to ask the VA or your vet rep if you need to send it in to get him added to your claim.

Also, and I have no clue on this but I suspect someone will. Could the fact that he's a disabled vet himself impact whether or not he can be added to your va claim? I dont' know what the rules are about two vets drawing VA disability simulateously. You may want to put this question to the board or to the VA and ask for the reg that covers this topic to see if that's the problem.

Lastly, the VA Watchdog guy wrote in a recent mailbag that dependency is a low priority item for the VA and it can take up to 2 years to get a spouse added. I hope this is not the case but it's possible.

Did you send the papers through your VSO or via certified mail? I don't blame you for wanting to know if the VA got the paperwork or not.

Hope this helps.

Keep us posted on the outcome,

TS Snave