VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Arthritis And Db2

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have never heard that arthritus could be secondary to DMII. If it is true then I am filing a claim because I have it in my shoulder, back, knees and ankles. It hurts like hell especially after I exercise and then sit for a while. Talk about stiff as a board!

Hey John, Check this out:

Arthritis and diabetes are both common conditions that affect many Americans. The musculoskeletal system can be affected in diabetes, leading to conditions such as arthritis. For several reasons, diabetics should be aware of this association. In the presence of musculoskeletal complications, the knowledgeable diabetic can decrease pain, improve function and attempt to decrease the progressive severity of some forms of arthritis. Moreover, the diabetic should know that medications used for the treatment of arthritis can interfere with the treatment of diabetes. Modifications in medications sometimes must be made.

Arthritis is defined as inflammation of the joints. There are over 100 different types of arthritis. Almost forty million Americans have these disorders. Fourteen million Americans have diabetes mellitus. These common disorders can occur together. As stated previously, medications used in the treatment of one disorder can lead to the development of the other and/or can interfere with its treatment.

Stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder

It may be connected if you can get a doc to write a strong enough nexus.

My Service connected arthritis came first, Then the Diabetes.

Of course the Hypertension and heart disease preceedd the DMII so am I out of luck or what?

It may be connected if you can get a doc to write a strong enough nexus.

My Service connected arthritis came first, Then the Diabetes.

Of course the Hypertension and heart disease preceedd the DMII so am I out of luck or what?

Most people have diabetes for 10-15 years before they are dx. You might want to look into that area.

I understand they are related in some fashion, but I don't know the real answers. I am going to ask my doc. on my next visit.