VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu And P/t? Work

Rate this question

Will

Question

I just have few questions. I was awarded IU back in February but it did not state P/T. It says "No Future Examinations to be Schedule". Does this mean P/T? Also I have read on here in a few postings about working. Are we allowed to try and go back to work and if unable to work for 12 months then it will not affect I/U? Is is correct in how I am reading this. Can someone explain? Thanks

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am surprised they said no future exams-yet they didnt say P & T?

Did they award CHAMPVA and Chapter 35 awards to your dependents? That would mean P & T.

I think you are thinkng of some SSA awards where they allow the SSA receipient some time to attempt to work-without losing their SSA-

In the case of VA they do not consider marginal employment at below the poverty level-for wages- to be substantial employment- In my opinion however if VA says you are TDIU-

best not to have them question that down the road by accepting even marginal employment for yourself.

It is difficult enough to receive and hang onto a 100% /TDIU award.

• HadIt.com Elder

some veteran have passive income from property rentals etc that require no work from them, but any type of job that issues a W2 or a 1099 form is going to light the VA like the Vegas strip for IU veterans, to take away IU all the VA has to show is that you are working after they awarded IU, it is best not to get them even started looking at you.....SSD has 12 month program and is you are still working they stop sending you the SSD checks they sent me paperwork on it 5 years ago but working is not in my future I am house bound and in a power chair, and my PTSD does not let me play well with others

some people look for volunteer work, something to keep them busy, but then if you can do volunteer work why can't you do regular work? It brings up all kind of questions, it depends on what your disability is and if you do get better are you going to improve enough to make more money that IU pays you? Is the job secure enough to let you breath easier? Or will the stress levels drive you crazy everyone is different and you have to figure out how much stress you want from life, the VARO, SSD have you filed for SSD? etc you have to figure out how much of their games you want to play

but working on IU is not a good choice in my opinion

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are 100% work is not a good idea in my opinion. Why risk the security you have now if you don't need to on the other hand if you can work than go to it. I would rather be able to work myself if I could.

Have you considered volunteering?

Good Luck

It really was a question, I was just wondering if you could part time is all. I am just new to this and not sure of all the requirements concernining if you can work or not.

Guest Vietnam Tanker

If you have a rating that includes TDIU, (Individual Unemployability) you cannot work if you make $1.00 the VA can take away your IU Rating.