VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Info W/regards To V.a.doc Visit

Rate this question

red

Question

I am rated 100% t&p and have been for 9 years. I am also close to 69 years old.

I just had a triple bypass at a private hospital. Here is my question for this great board:

Should I tell my va doc all the particulars of the operation, i.e., where I had it,which private doc did the operation. Will this open up anything with the v.a.? Will they be angry because I went to a private hospital and not the v.a. I just can not run the risk of losing my benefits. I am too old and need the help.

Thanks for any info.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that you should tell them and they should be glad for you. That you did not have to wait a long time and it was done right.

• HadIt.com Elder

the fact you had it done somewhere else and it didn't cost them a dime should make them happy, at your age 69 they shouldn't be playing any games with your rating you are past 65 and at 10 years your wife is already eligible for DIC regardless of what kills ya, SC or not if I understand the rules right at the 10 yr mark the cause of death does not have to be a SC condition I had the bypass done when I was 39 so you have 30 years on me congrats I hope you have better results with yours than I had with mine....them updating the info in your medical treatment records should not even cause the RO to look at your C File, they are seperate from each other unless you file a comp claim and make them open it up, as far behind as they are now at VARO's I doubt if they are going to go on fishing expeditions, especially when there appears no benefit to them to do so......

Guest Vietnam Tanker

I would tell the VA Doc all about it, that way it will be in your VA file so if the RO decides to do anything they will have the info to keep them from causing you more problems

• HadIt.com Elder

The triple Bi-pass is 100% on the VA schedule for a period of time, just by itself.

There is a remote possibility that a rater would award a temp disability based upon it, and try to kill (by omission) the current disabilities that you are rated for 100%. On the other hand, evidence of further disability is not cause to say that you have "improved" so there is no reason in law or regulation to reduce your present % without some sort of further action by the VA. Just adding the medical records to your medical file at whatever VA facility treats you should not trigger anything by itself. Since you are at 9 years, you may see administrative action or a request for a C&P even if you do nothing. You don't have to "tell the VA doctor anything if you don't want to and it has nothing to do with treatment by the VA. You can have the records added to your file without even seeing the VA doctor. (At least that's what happens at the VA facility I use.

Some time ago, I did add private records to my file, and later, used them as the basis for a compensation claim. (Diabetes, Cardio & vascular, etc.) Some claims have been awarded, with the bulk "deferred".

I am rated 100% t&p and have been for 9 years. I am also close to 69 years old.

I just had a triple bypass at a private hospital. Here is my question for this great board:

Should I tell my va doc all the particulars of the operation, i.e., where I had it,which private doc did the operation. Will this open up anything with the v.a.? Will they be angry because I went to a private hospital and not the v.a. I just can not run the risk of losing my benefits. I am too old and need the help.

Thanks for any info.

• HadIt.com Elder

Red, what are you 100% P and T for?

You did a good thing to have the surgury in the Private sector. The VA will not be negative for you just saved them a lot of money.

Your 69 years old, Your P and T. Is the VA going to reduce you and make you go back to work?

I dont think so.

I would get a copy of the OR report and Nurses notes and ask the VA to scan them into your record anyway just in case there is a problem down the road.

Now if there was some way to get the VA to pay the Medicare Copay then you would be one happy camper.

J