VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cataracts And Dmii

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I looked in the VBM and it states that up until 2005 anyone with DMII who had cataracts did not have to get a medical opinion to make the nexus. Now you do, but M-21 still says DMII and cataracts are so closely associated you don't need to demonstrate a connection unless the VA can show other cause. I got to go to a real eye doctor and find out how bad mine are and go from there. The VA contract eye doctor said there was no connection between these two conditions. Ignorant or a liar.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I think it is malpractice John -when a C & P doctor cannot make an obvious rational medical connection on many conditions we see here -but we can't sue them for unsound medical rationale during C & Ps.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

I never accept the VA's opinion as being final on any medical condition. I even get blood work done by a private doctor just to check on the VA's work. They miss so many things it scares me. Thousands of vets are trusting victims of VA malpractice.