VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Indianapolis Veteran Service Officers

Rate this question

hayley3

Question

My VSO is only in the office on Tues and Thurs. When I try to call on Tues or Thurs, a recording answers and says to call back later as they are busy, and they are so busy that they cannot take messages. I am getting very frustrated over this. I really need help with my claim.

Is it like this everywhere? Should I try to find another organization? I was in during peacetime.

Thanks,

Susie

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hi,

I would change VSOs. Sounds like yours is no help at all... My experience with the local DAV is that one has to go to their office to talk to a rep, otherwise you just talk to a clerk.

Good luck,

Ron

Edited by Ron II

• HadIt.com Elder

Not too long ago I could pick up my 'phone and call the 800-827-1000 number and get my VARO (Waco, TX), well at least I got the standard "we're busy, but your call is important to us and we'll be with you in a moment" and, if I held on long enough someone would actually ANSWER the 'phone!. Now, I call the 800# and I get this "press "1" if you are a vet, press "2" if you wish you were a vet, press "3" if you'd like to meet a vet, press "4" if you'd like to speak to a vet, press "5" if you'd like to speak to this vet in spanish, "6" if you'd like to speak to this vet in english, press "7" if you'd like to hear all this b.s. all over again...........................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

p

ress "9" if you'd like to wait a minimum of 30 minutes to hear the recording telling you that it is now past our office hours and to call between 0912 - 0917 hours tomorrow.......or you can press "0", if you've lasted long enough you persistent ass, and we'll connect you directly with the IRS and their wonderful telephone answering system........ :unsure:

I have been around the horn there in INDY over the last year and a half and its just awful they will pass you around like a hot potato, and it depends if your file is on appeal or not, if your a new soldier. But on appeal then your stuck with someone who does not care, I have found out of everyone on the 3rd floor of the GOV Building the VFW, The DAV just didn't give a shit if I burst in to flames and the American Legion didn't want any thing to do with my claim because it was so far along and was trying to pass me off on anyone, but I have to say these 2 has very nice Cherry Wood desk dressed in very nice suits and ties and absolutely hard as hell to get a hold of. VFW is your best bet they will answer the phone and very helpful but they don't dress as nice as the others. But welcome to the 2nd worst VARO in the nation!

My VSO is only in the office on Tues and Thurs. When I try to call on Tues or Thurs, a recording answers and says to call back later as they are busy, and they are so busy that they cannot take messages. I am getting very frustrated over this. I really need help with my claim.

Susie -

I suggest you leave a message and show up in person on a day you know they are there. It might help you to go in a couple of times just to show your interest in your claim.

I would ask for any copies of what has been submitted and ask what information and/or evidence would be helpful to win your claim. I would also ask the VSO if they saw any information and/or Evidence that could negatively impact your claim. They may get a little pissy when you ask these questions.

Are you aware that VSO's CAN DO or NOT DO anything they chose with your claim ??

Is it like this everywhere? Should I try to find another organization? I was in during peacetime.

Every VSO group has multiple problems so I don't feel changing VSO's will necessarily ensure any better help for you.

Peacetime --------- a VET is a VET is a VET is a VET.

As Pete always says, if you don't have a copt of your c-file -- get one.

jmho,

carlie

I have been at the Indy Gov building and they have a receptionist to head you off at the door and she begins to drop the rules on you and no matter what and I don't care you drove 200 mile these are THE RULES I'LL SEE YA LATER BEEN THERE DONE THAT MANY TIMES. You don't have to leave but you have to leave here...

Edited by yoggie2

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to take over your own claim...

No one cares as much about your claim as you do, so why woul you put someone else in charge of it? Especially someone who you cannot even talk to?