VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Federal Benefits For Veterans And Dependents 2008 Edition

Rate this question

allan

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Allan - thanks!

All - someone posted this link a while back when it first came out and rather than use the printer ink and dig up a 3-ring binder to put it in I went to the website and just ordered it for $5.

They sent a little postcard telling me it was on backorder. I got an empty envelope with the top not secure from them several weeks later and figured I'd have to send them another $5 but on the off chance they would just send a replacement copy to me I gave them a call.

The lady was really nice and said she'd send me one out that day (no additional cost). I asked if she could make sure they sealed the envelope and she said she'd do it herself. Well, I got it in a couple of days, postmarked the date of our conversation, sealed up nice and neat with some packing tape.

It takes up way less room than printing it out would take if you happen to prefer a hard copy instead of a webcopy. Of course, you can search for key words on the web but I like having a hard copy in my files for my spouse.

Either way, it's a great resource. Thanks, again, Allan, for posting the link.

TS Snave

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello TS,

I see copies of this at our local clinic. I don't remember seeing that they charge you for it. Will check next time im in.

This pdf copy allows you to print out just a page or what ever part you want. Could be helpful to get the word out to someone. This booklet should be supplied as a part of all separations and discharges in my opinion.

Hello TS,

I see copies of this at our local clinic. I don't remember seeing that they charge you for it. Will check next time im in.

This pdf copy allows you to print out just a page or what ever part you want. Could be helpful to get the word out to someone. This booklet should be supplied as a part of all separations and discharges in my opinion.

At my VMAC hospital they have them in little racks all over the place- free of charge.

Allan - I agree they should be given to vets on discharge as well as to any vet with an active disability claim.

Jay - I have never actually been in a VA facility for myself other than for my C&P exam, thanks for the head's up.

Thanks,

TS