VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Ssd While 100%

Rate this question

Joe Keller

Question

Hi all, I am rated 100% disabled, 40% from gunshot wounds and 70% PTSD.. I know I cannot work. I have applied for SSD and also had all my medical records from all my doctors, VA and Outside Doctors which I took up to the SS meating. I hear a lot of people saying They always (mostly) turn you down the first time, or they want to find a way for you to work. Well, that doesn't make sense if I cannot work due to the VA 100%. If they said I could work, would I not lost my 100% rating. Seems like it does not make sense. They also informed me that it would be 5 weeks before they received any other paperwork needed from my doctors. And usually takes 5-12 months before you hear anything back. Then if an appeal would be needed then you're looking for another 12-18 months. This prep work is being done by an outside agency and the person that spoke to me on the phone sounded coldlike. What are the chances other then 50/50 that SSD would be approved without the need for an appeal. Thanks for any replys

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On the other hand...SSD says that I am 100% disabled due to s/c disabilities..the VA says I am able to work...

It took 7 mos for SSD..so far 28 yrs for VA.. :unsure:

Edited by SeattleShay

Greetings,

I would highly advise you to see an SSD attorney. I use Allsup www.Allsup.com I am as well rated 100%. When I filed myself for SSD I got turned down and I appealed. It was then I used them. I was approved without going to a hearing. They were great. It took my case about 6 months and I had a backdate of 2 years. They charged me $4,200.00 which is what the goverment says they can only charge. Hope this helps. God bless.

Bound4Heaven

Sounds to me like you should be awarded SSA-as long as you meet all the work credit requirements.

SSA used my husband's VA psychiatric records to award him SSA for PTSD.No exam and no problem at all-

VA however kept him at 30% until they too awarded him 100% SC P & T -he was dead for three years already when they (VA)finally awarded him his proper VA comp.They did go back to the actual SSA date for the EED.

• HadIt.com Elder

Joe:

I also think that you will be awarded Social Security and if not get a lawyer.

Good Luck

Hi all, I am rated 100% disabled, 40% from gunshot wounds and 70% PTSD.. I know I cannot work. I have applied for SSD and also had all my medical records from all my doctors, VA and Outside Doctors which I took up to the SS meating. I hear a lot of people saying They always (mostly) turn you down the first time, or they want to find a way for you to work. Well, that doesn't make sense if I cannot work due to the VA 100%. If they said I could work, would I not lost my 100% rating. Seems like it does not make sense. They also informed me that it would be 5 weeks before they received any other paperwork needed from my doctors. And usually takes 5-12 months before you hear anything back. Then if an appeal would be needed then you're looking for another 12-18 months. This prep work is being done by an outside agency and the person that spoke to me on the phone sounded coldlike. What are the chances other then 50/50 that SSD would be approved without the need for an appeal. Thanks for any replys

i was also 100 when i applied for SSD and it still took a lawyer and two years .. as far as working they said even with PTSD you can work folding sheets .. alone or watching a screen .. it was my doctor IMO saying i could not work full time at any job that gave me the SSD