VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Filed For Voc Rehab Today. Would This Be Approved Or Not?

Rate this question

lllfly

Question

As of Saturday the VARO letter came.

Approve for 90%sc. I have been on SSD from 03. Worked Boiler rm. all my life till age 55 now 61. This is hot hard work.

I filed for IU in 06 when I was 70%sc. VA turn down filed a NOD in 06. Now at 90%sc. I filed for VOC REHAB

today to VAMC were I go to.

If they turn me down. I will send the letter to the VARO in support of my NOD for IU.

My health is not good.

If they approve it I will go from there.

Rated for Abestoes,DMII w/PN (ao),

headackes,PTSD 30%,UD

Any input would help me make a sleep

better.

Thank you all at Hadit.com and welcome Home all. And the best in your claims.

LLFLY

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Right, if Voc Rehab says you can't be rehabilitated because of your SC disabilities then IU is obvious. If they drag in the age and other health problems that are NSC then that is problematic. Age is not a factor in awarding IU.

I see it a little differently... the va will deny it because of your age... and only your age.. they will say that it is not beneficial to send someone to school at age 61. They will say that if and when you finish school you will be at normal retirement age. They will argue the money could be better spent on someone who will be in the workforce longer .. instead they will offer you the Independant living service program for a hobby of sorts.. this way they do not even have to address the medical issues.. and there denial will not assist with an IU claim..

Yep that is what my crystal ball shows... so you like to fish do you... nice new rod they got you there ...LOL :unsure:

• HadIt.com Elder

They will probably turn you down and ask you if your are interested in Independent Living. If they do ask them what they have in mind. They usually suggest hobby or computer but you can use it to make living in your home better