VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Process

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello all hope all is well. If I may ask this Question .Which of the two processes would be more thorough and review.I do understand there SOP Letter The decision review Officer VS A VA Staff member checking the file for completness.But if they have DESTROYED Records SMR ,Treatment at various VAMC. Who is to say that one is more efficient than the other? Thank You

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello,

I'm not sure, but you might be mixing apples and oranges (and I might be wrong of course).

A DRO review includes a decison--a check of your records with a VA staff member is just that, no decision is involved; it's like talking to your banker.

Please excuse me if I have misinterpreted your question.

Good luck...

Ron

• HadIt.com Elder

If you do go the DRO path get a Hearing. Don't just settle for a Review. You need to talk to a person.

Hello all hope all is well. If I may ask this Question .Which of the two processes would be more thorough and review.I do understand there SOP Letter The decision review Officer VS A VA Staff member checking the file for completness.But if they have DESTROYED Records SMR ,Treatment at various VAMC. Who is to say that one is more efficient than the other? Thank You

I have Doctor Statements and scripts saying "Totally Incapacitated" over the last 2 years from different Doctors turned in to the VA before getting denied 1 in Fl and when I moved to Indiana Doctors here, they wouldn't have nothing to do with me till I provided them with medical records and then there exams and my Private Doctor here stated the same but with bed rest on most of his progress reports and he works at the INDY VA Emergency room on weekends so he has access to my med records. and the INDY VARO still stamped out my fire....But now sitting down to confront really confront them with where they went wrong and to make it right. That's the traditional.

Now where there regular DRO review is in my opinion is Russian Roulette maybe they look maybe they don't and you can submit new evidence for both.

Hello,

I'm not sure, but you might be mixing apples and oranges (and I might be wrong of course).

A DRO review includes a decison--a check of your records with a VA staff member is just that, no decision is involved; it's like talking to your banker.

Please excuse me if I have misinterpreted your question.

Good luck...

Ron

That's funny Ron, its really kinda right, the Banker thing

If you do go the DRO path get a Hearing. Don't just settle for a Review. You need to talk to a person.

I agree with John went the DRO route won one claim lost2. Then went to a DRO hering and one the other 2 claims

Good Luck,

Jim

So if I understand this correctly DRO is the way to go.Should I submit all necessary documents ahead of time or bring them to the DRO review?And what do I or how do I approach the fact that 28 years of Treatment records have been Destroyed?To show of Service Connection?They have certainly made this very very difficult to say the least.SMR is also a partial 18 months of service and all active duty records are gone as well, only hospitalization records exist.