VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Process

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello all hope all is well. If I may ask this Question .Which of the two processes would be more thorough and review.I do understand there SOP Letter The decision review Officer VS A VA Staff member checking the file for completness.But if they have DESTROYED Records SMR ,Treatment at various VAMC. Who is to say that one is more efficient than the other? Thank You

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

With your luck I would bring them with me and give them to the DRO. I would ask for date stamped copies. I saw my file today and what a mess it was. I have been at the same VARO for 37 years so I was lucky in that way. The lawyer could not find squat as he looked through the file. How did they destroy your records? I don't doubt they did probably through sheer negligence.

With your luck I would bring them with me and give them to the DRO. I would ask for date stamped copies. I saw my file today and what a mess it was. I have been at the same VARO for 37 years so I was lucky in that way. The lawyer could not find squat as he looked through the file. How did they destroy your records? I don't doubt they did probably through sheer negligence.

John999, I found out today I am now being set up with a DRO Hearing all info is in. I think my evidence is a little more claen cut and clear they screwed up a good clean claim, jsut my file was shuffled like a deck of cards, how long could it be before I get to this hearing???

Edited by yoggie2

6 months

OH GOD that put me right in the time frame of the year of my last DENIAL, This fella who worked with the RO some where's posted this about 4 or 5 days after my Denial below. After reading everything and help from others here putting the pieces together, My denial was finished in NOV07 and I did my C&P's in Jan 08 and Feb 6/08 and had a DENIAL 6 days later in my hands, I swear to GOD!

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...art=#entry79912

Edited by yoggie2

• HadIt.com Elder

Yoggie

Who is going with you to your DRO Hearing? I would have a VSO go with me and a significant other like a spouse. The spouse can testify as to the degree of your disability. You need a witness to make sure the VA plays by the rules. The hearings are pretty low key in my experience. If you are going to get anywhere at the VARO it will be at a Hearing. Hard to know when your hearing will happen.

Hello all Hope all is well. Well I do have to agree that if DRO will put you in front of an individual the evidence is presented to him or her this can not be disputed and if it is then, If I understand this correctly will move it forward to BVA? Yes /No Thank You