VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am Back

Rate this question

calnight

Question

OK.

THINGS HAVE BEEN GOING ALRIGHT IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR AND A HALF SINCE GETTING THE IU. THANKS TO EVERYONE HEAR AT HADIT. THE VA HAS LEFT ME ALONE JUST THE ONCE A YEAR LETTER ASKING ME IF I HAD BEEN WORKING. BEEN SEEING MY VA SHINK ABOUT EVERY 3 MONTHS LIKE TO SEE HIM MORE BUT ITS A 160 MILE ROUND TRIP FOR ME. I MADE SURE TO TELL HIM ABOUT THE MCDONALDS INCIDENT I HAD. I LIVE IN VERY SMALL TOWN POP 5000 SO I GO TO THE LOCAL AND ONLY MCDONALDS IN TOWN TO GET THE KIDS THERE FOOD WELL GET HOME OF COURSE THEY FORGOT THE NUGGETS. SO THE PTSD WAS ALREADY INFLAMED THAT DAY SOMEDAYS ARE WORSE THAN OTHERS. LEFT THE KIDS AT HOME DROVE BACK TO THE MCDEES WENT INSIDE AND WENT POSTAL. NOW REMIND YOU ITS LUNCH HOUR ITS PACKED. IT WAS NOT A PRETTY SIGHT. AND OF COURSE THERE WAS SOMEONE TELLING ME TO SHUT UP ANOTHER CUSTOMER. WELL IT WAS ON WE STEPED OUTSIDE AND LETS SAY WHEN IT WAS DONE HE WAS NOT STANDING. THE MANAGER REFUSED TO COME OUTSIDE DONT BLAME HIM. WELL I LEFT BEFORE THE COPS CAME. AND NOW I CANT GO TO THAT MCDONALDS ANY MORE. AND WHEN IT WAS ALL OVER AND I CALMED DOWN I FELT LIKE SHIT ALL OVER NUGGETS. MY WIFE WAS PISSED. ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN BUT ITS LIKE A SWITCH ONCE ITS TURNED ON IT CANNOT BE TURNED OFF. BUT EVERY TIME I HAVE OUTBURST LIKE THIS MOST ARE NOT THIS SEVER AFTER I CALM DOWN I FEEL HORRIBLE. I LOOK BACK AND THINK HOW STUPID THAT WAS AND WHAT A IDIOT I LOOKED LIKE. PTSD SUCKS. NOW I HAVE REALLY GOOD VA SHRINK ANYONE WHO IS ARE IS GOING THE VA MENTAL HEALTH IN RENO LET ME KNOW THIS GUY AS BEEN ON MY SIDE ALL THE WAY. DR. VANBIBER IS HIS NAME. I TELL HIM THIS STORY AT HE STARTS LAUGHING AND TELLS ME NOT TO GO TO ANY MORE MCDONALDS. AND THEN TELLS ME TO STOP WORKING OUT. EVER SINCE I STOPED WORKING I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT 5 DAYS AWEEK. BENCHING OVER 300LBS. I AM IN BETTER SHAPE NOW THEN WHEN IN THE CORP. ITS MY DRUG OF CHOICE FOR MY PTSD. IT GETS ALOT OF THE ANGER OUT. BUT HAS FAR AS THE MCDONALDS INCIDENT IT MAKES GREAT MEDICAL EVIDENCE JUST IN CASE THEY WANT TO REVIEW ME. THANKS EVERYONE.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Cal

It sounds like your frustration level is really low. Are you taking any drugs that might be driving you? Some of these things will put you on edge. Just don't carry any bats or guns in your car.

Cal

It sounds like your frustration level is really low. Are you taking any drugs that might be driving you? Some of these things will put you on edge. Just don't carry any bats or guns in your car.

HEY JOHN,

THIS IS ALIST OF DRUGS THE VA GOT ME ON. I DONT TAKE ANY THING ELSE NOTHING ILLEGALL.

MIRTAZAPINE 15MG

CLONAZEPAM 1MG

QUETIAPINE FUMARATE 100MG

CITALOPRAM HYDRBRMIDE 40MG

NO GUNS JUST FORKS AND SPOONS

OK.

THINGS HAVE BEEN GOING ALRIGHT IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR AND A HALF SINCE GETTING THE IU. THANKS TO EVERYONE HEAR AT HADIT. THE VA HAS LEFT ME ALONE JUST THE ONCE A YEAR LETTER ASKING ME IF I HAD BEEN WORKING. BEEN SEEING MY VA SHINK ABOUT EVERY 3 MONTHS LIKE TO SEE HIM MORE BUT ITS A 160 MILE ROUND TRIP FOR ME. I MADE SURE TO TELL HIM ABOUT THE MCDONALDS INCIDENT I HAD. I LIVE IN VERY SMALL TOWN POP 5000 SO I GO TO THE LOCAL AND ONLY MCDONALDS IN TOWN TO GET THE KIDS THERE FOOD WELL GET HOME OF COURSE THEY FORGOT THE NUGGETS. SO THE PTSD WAS ALREADY INFLAMED THAT DAY SOMEDAYS ARE WORSE THAN OTHERS. LEFT THE KIDS AT HOME DROVE BACK TO THE MCDEES WENT INSIDE AND WENT POSTAL. NOW REMIND YOU ITS LUNCH HOUR ITS PACKED. IT WAS NOT A PRETTY SIGHT. AND OF COURSE THERE WAS SOMEONE TELLING ME TO SHUT UP ANOTHER CUSTOMER. WELL IT WAS ON WE STEPED OUTSIDE AND LETS SAY WHEN IT WAS DONE HE WAS NOT STANDING. THE MANAGER REFUSED TO COME OUTSIDE DONT BLAME HIM. WELL I LEFT BEFORE THE COPS CAME. AND NOW I CANT GO TO THAT MCDONALDS ANY MORE. AND WHEN IT WAS ALL OVER AND I CALMED DOWN I FELT LIKE SHIT ALL OVER NUGGETS. MY WIFE WAS PISSED. ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN BUT ITS LIKE A SWITCH ONCE ITS TURNED ON IT CANNOT BE TURNED OFF. BUT EVERY TIME I HAVE OUTBURST LIKE THIS MOST ARE NOT THIS SEVER AFTER I CALM DOWN I FEEL HORRIBLE. I LOOK BACK AND THINK HOW STUPID THAT WAS AND WHAT A IDIOT I LOOKED LIKE. PTSD SUCKS. NOW I HAVE REALLY GOOD VA SHRINK ANYONE WHO IS ARE IS GOING THE VA MENTAL HEALTH IN RENO LET ME KNOW THIS GUY AS BEEN ON MY SIDE ALL THE WAY. DR. VANBIBER IS HIS NAME. I TELL HIM THIS STORY AT HE STARTS LAUGHING AND TELLS ME NOT TO GO TO ANY MORE MCDONALDS. AND THEN TELLS ME TO STOP WORKING OUT. EVER SINCE I STOPED WORKING I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT 5 DAYS AWEEK. BENCHING OVER 300LBS. I AM IN BETTER SHAPE NOW THEN WHEN IN THE CORP. ITS MY DRUG OF CHOICE FOR MY PTSD. IT GETS ALOT OF THE ANGER OUT. BUT HAS FAR AS THE MCDONALDS INCIDENT IT MAKES GREAT MEDICAL EVIDENCE JUST IN CASE THEY WANT TO REVIEW ME. THANKS EVERYONE.

Hello calnight, Just curious about you having to drive 160 miles round trip to Reno to see the VA shrink. I also live the same as you from Reno in Calif. Are you in GV or Aub. I am having problems finding a VA shrink at the Aub clinic to stay in 1 place long enough to introduce ourselves with the exception of travelling to Reno. I'm not a big fan of travelling to Reno on the van except I can't drive there myself because of my conditions. Anyway, just curious how you got hooked up with the shrink in Reno. They wouldn't let me go to any of the shrinks in Reno but they didn't have any available in Aub. Imagine that!!

Thanks in advance for any help....Brian

Hello calnight, Just curious about you having to drive 160 miles round trip to Reno to see the VA shrink. I also live the same as you from Reno in Calif. Are you in GV or Aub. I am having problems finding a VA shrink at the Aub clinic to stay in 1 place long enough to introduce ourselves with the exception of travelling to Reno. I'm not a big fan of travelling to Reno on the van except I can't drive there myself because of my conditions. Anyway, just curious how you got hooked up with the shrink in Reno. They wouldn't let me go to any of the shrinks in Reno but they didn't have any available in Aub. Imagine that!!

Thanks in advance for any help....Brian

I LIVE IN SUSANVILLE THE CLOSEST RO IS RENO ABOUT 80 MILES ONE WAY. I BELIEVE DR VANBIBER GOES TO THE AUBURN CLINIC NOT SURE. CALL THE VA HOSPITAL IN RENO ASK THE OPERATOR TO TRANSFER YOU TO MENTAL HEALTH DEPT. SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TOLEAVE A MESSAGE THEY WILL GET BACK TO YOU. ASK IF DR.VANBIBER GOES TO AUBURN OR IF YOU CAN BE SEEN BY HIM. WELL WORTH THE DRIVE VERY GOOD DOCTOR SEEMS TO BE ON THE VETERANS SIDE MORE THAN THE VA. I HAVE SEEN 3 DIFFERENT VA SHRINKS BEFORE HIM ALL WERE ASSHOLES. ALSO THERE ARE NO CLINCS CLOSER THAN RENO I THINK THE CLOSEST IS IN REDDING OR CHICO BOTH ARE OVER A 100 MILES FROM ME. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE TELLING YOU HAVE TO GO TO AUBURN SINCE ITS CLOSEST TO YOU BUT I WOULD FIGHT TO BEEN SEEN BY WHO EVER YOU WANT. ITS ABOUT A 2-3 MONTH WAIT FOR DR. VANBIBER WE ALL KNOW MENTAL HEALTH IS OVERLOADED RIGHT NOW. JUST TELL RENO YOU REALLY NEED TO TALK TO A DOCTOR AND AUBURN HAS NONE AVAIBLE.

• HadIt.com Elder

Calnight:

Glad that you are back on Hadit and also happy that you are getting good treatment.

As far as McDonald Nugget Adventure it appears to me you learned from it so that is good and the fact that you were able to get yourself extracted is also positive.

They sell pretty good chicken nuggets in the grocery store and you can heat them in oven. Another tip is we buy a lot of takeout from a local Texas Hamburger place and if they short me I write a note and tell them they owe me 1 Large Fry or whatever and they always give it to me so that is a remedy.