VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am Back

Rate this question

calnight

Question

OK.

THINGS HAVE BEEN GOING ALRIGHT IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR AND A HALF SINCE GETTING THE IU. THANKS TO EVERYONE HEAR AT HADIT. THE VA HAS LEFT ME ALONE JUST THE ONCE A YEAR LETTER ASKING ME IF I HAD BEEN WORKING. BEEN SEEING MY VA SHINK ABOUT EVERY 3 MONTHS LIKE TO SEE HIM MORE BUT ITS A 160 MILE ROUND TRIP FOR ME. I MADE SURE TO TELL HIM ABOUT THE MCDONALDS INCIDENT I HAD. I LIVE IN VERY SMALL TOWN POP 5000 SO I GO TO THE LOCAL AND ONLY MCDONALDS IN TOWN TO GET THE KIDS THERE FOOD WELL GET HOME OF COURSE THEY FORGOT THE NUGGETS. SO THE PTSD WAS ALREADY INFLAMED THAT DAY SOMEDAYS ARE WORSE THAN OTHERS. LEFT THE KIDS AT HOME DROVE BACK TO THE MCDEES WENT INSIDE AND WENT POSTAL. NOW REMIND YOU ITS LUNCH HOUR ITS PACKED. IT WAS NOT A PRETTY SIGHT. AND OF COURSE THERE WAS SOMEONE TELLING ME TO SHUT UP ANOTHER CUSTOMER. WELL IT WAS ON WE STEPED OUTSIDE AND LETS SAY WHEN IT WAS DONE HE WAS NOT STANDING. THE MANAGER REFUSED TO COME OUTSIDE DONT BLAME HIM. WELL I LEFT BEFORE THE COPS CAME. AND NOW I CANT GO TO THAT MCDONALDS ANY MORE. AND WHEN IT WAS ALL OVER AND I CALMED DOWN I FELT LIKE SHIT ALL OVER NUGGETS. MY WIFE WAS PISSED. ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN BUT ITS LIKE A SWITCH ONCE ITS TURNED ON IT CANNOT BE TURNED OFF. BUT EVERY TIME I HAVE OUTBURST LIKE THIS MOST ARE NOT THIS SEVER AFTER I CALM DOWN I FEEL HORRIBLE. I LOOK BACK AND THINK HOW STUPID THAT WAS AND WHAT A IDIOT I LOOKED LIKE. PTSD SUCKS. NOW I HAVE REALLY GOOD VA SHRINK ANYONE WHO IS ARE IS GOING THE VA MENTAL HEALTH IN RENO LET ME KNOW THIS GUY AS BEEN ON MY SIDE ALL THE WAY. DR. VANBIBER IS HIS NAME. I TELL HIM THIS STORY AT HE STARTS LAUGHING AND TELLS ME NOT TO GO TO ANY MORE MCDONALDS. AND THEN TELLS ME TO STOP WORKING OUT. EVER SINCE I STOPED WORKING I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT 5 DAYS AWEEK. BENCHING OVER 300LBS. I AM IN BETTER SHAPE NOW THEN WHEN IN THE CORP. ITS MY DRUG OF CHOICE FOR MY PTSD. IT GETS ALOT OF THE ANGER OUT. BUT HAS FAR AS THE MCDONALDS INCIDENT IT MAKES GREAT MEDICAL EVIDENCE JUST IN CASE THEY WANT TO REVIEW ME. THANKS EVERYONE.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

calnight: Even though I made a special request for a female Dr and psychiatrist, I may not have a choice. I just hope if I end up with a male Dr. or Psychiatrist, they will work with me to help me get over this aversion to male physicians.

We're having some wind that helps the smoke clear from the small valley I live in. It's is north of Reno about twenty or so miles and I can look over the boarder into CA. Our Valley is like a big bowl and if it wasn't for the wind we most often get, With my restrictive lung disease and breathing problems through my nose, I would be like a prisoner in my own home attached to my oxygen condensor. I usually only need it at night for nocturnal hypozia, but with the smike, I've had to go on it when I have to move about my home. I have a fifty foot air line to drag about and another fifty foot if I need it.

I'm glad I have a swamp cooler, it helps to filter the air through the wet filters. but I only use it during the hottest part of the day, I can't afford to run it continuously.

OMG I just looked at the itme. I better take my sleeping pills and get some rest, before my cat decides it's time for me to get up and feed him. LoL You either get up or he waits until you forget about him and then he attacks any uncovered part of your body escept your face. It's just his way of showing you who is boss, he doesn't try to bite hard, but his teeth are like razor sharp and he can't help but draw blood sometimes.

Well good night calnight and everyone. Hope you aren't bothered by the smoke like we are.

Rockhound Rider :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

WINGS, THE SMOKE IS REALLY BAD IN SUSANVILLE IT FEELS ALL OF CALIFORNIA IS ON FIRE. ITS BEEN ALMOST 2 WEEKS I CANT EVEN SEE THE SUN. I TRY TO KEEP THE KIDS INSIDE. HOPE YOU CAN GO HOME SOON.

Was gone for a week; got home on Tuesday. Had one day of clear skies, now back to deep smoke. You gotta love the firefighters, that's some heavy battle.

I'm searching for a small pop-up, tow along camper for my Jeep. I'm getting ready to head out again for the coast, if I can get past the other fires. It does feel like the whole State is burning. Can you get your Base ID Card for MWR? ~Wings

Edited by Wings