VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Health Survey

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I just got a 120 question survey from the VA that was fill in the circle and asked some good questions about the VA. I decided to answer although the VA has tracking info so I am sure that they can profile people who return the answers First one for me in 17 years.

It was interested in how long, how well, wait times, cleanliness of facilities, would I use something else if I could. And most important to me a change to get the pharmacy and meds by mail.

Anyway it took about 30 minutes to fill out and its waiting for the mail man now.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I filled that thing out as well. There was one question I was curious about, and that was the one that asked if I would prefer to go to a private doctor. This may be what they are really after and the rest is just window dressing. I said I would prefer to use a private doctor if the VA would pay for it. That means we will probably be on medicade begging to be treated by some guy from Pakistan who is a closet terrorist.

John,

interesting point you make here. I would think that if they let us start seeing a private doc, that we would be able to pick and choose who we wanted though; just my thought. :unsure:

I recieved one of those a year ago went right in the Garbage Can. This is a seperate entity and has nothing to do with the VA. Just a analyst John Elter is the Executive behind this and he and I have had our little conversation and it was not productive to say the least.Referencing VA Health survey and the Policies.Please forgive me i have got one Hell of an Education in this Past Year about how VA Health system and VARO operate and it is an abomonation of an abortion.Please forgive me i do not wish to offend this has been a very rough week for me with the VA all around. and I am sorry.Thank You. I have not been back to the VAMC since May when i was removed from facility by VA police and they do not care what so ever. I have contacted more people in WASH DC than I can shake a stick at. END RESULT ZERO !

I filled that thing out as well. There was one question I was curious about, and that was the one that asked if I would prefer to go to a private doctor. This may be what they are really after and the rest is just window dressing. I said I would prefer to use a private doctor if the VA would pay for it. That means we will probably be on medicade begging to be treated by some guy from Pakistan who is a closet terrorist.

its funny this comes up again...i challenged the Director at Bay Pines VHAMC in a one on one meeting, about hand out surveys, and told him that it was a joke.And most vets that they hand them out too have smiles on their faces when they do so, at random??? Told him most vets would prefer to receive outside medical care if it was Paid for. The lines are gettin real long at this facility and seems like staff is jumpin ship to private practice or other med. facilities due too workload...Peace, William

Hello all hope all is well.If you need a contact.I hope this helps,However this was not productive for me this just helps them show were there deficiencies are. John R. Elter, DMD, PhD

Director of Surveys

Veterans Health Administration

Office of Quality and Performance Durham Office (OQPD)

601 Keystone Park Drive, Suite 800

Morrisville, NC 27560 Phone: (919) 993-3035 ext 224

BlackBerry: (919) 697-1398

Fax: (919) 993-3053

email john.elter@va.gov

I just got a 120 question survey from the VA that was fill in the circle and asked some good questions about the VA. I decided to answer although the VA has tracking info so I am sure that they can profile people who return the answers First one for me in 17 years.

It was interested in how long, how well, wait times, cleanliness of facilities, would I use something else if I could. And most important to me a change to get the pharmacy and meds by mail.

Anyway it took about 30 minutes to fill out and its waiting for the mail man now.

Pete, I'm in St.Louis,MO & if a Vet doesn't pick up meds while at hospital they will send them in 7-10 days........Also, a Vet can order Meds over the phone & they mail them....But, if one has refills they have to make sure to order them or VA doesn't send them...GARY